Stock chrome 17" rim

fabrizio

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi

I found a set of 17" chrome rims

i'm planning to change from stock 16" to 17" for $170.00

Do you have a pic of those rims mounted ?

Does it look good?

I'm asking this because they are far away so i just can buy online.

thank you!

Best regards!

rines-lincoln-ls-2006-algo-negociables-818111-MLM20490441386_112015-F.jpg

lincoln wheels 16.JPG

I think you will be disappointed. Not because they won't look good, but rather because they won't look different enough than what you have now.

I had both the Painted Silver 17" (winter) and Chrome 17" (summer) on my LS and the Chrome looked way better even though it was the same size/design. I don't think you'd be disappointed but you might get a better deal (less shipping cost) from your local wrecker.
edit* also you'd be able to see them in person at the wrecker, make sure there is no chrome peeling, proper chrome center caps etc

Thank you , very helpful.

I'm still looking for a good picture of them mounted.

thanks again,great tips! :Beer

could you share a pic ? :wrench

best regards!

I think you will be disappointed. Not because they won't look good, but rather because they won't look different enough than what you have now.

... disagree... 16 to 17's will make a huge difference (almost going from steel to alloy!!!)

... disagree... 16 to 17's will make a huge difference (almost going from steel to alloy!!!)

I said he may be disappointed because of the similarities - I made no mention of size. And just why would going to a slightly larger wheel make a difference? Rougher ride? I mean, the less sidewall you have, the bumpier the ride will have to be.

I said he may be disappointed because of the similarities - I made no mention of size. And just why would going to a slightly larger wheel make a difference? Rougher ride? I mean, the less sidewall you have, the bumpier the ride will have to be.

ok... aesthetically... it will make a huge difference IMO..... You wont find too many members who prefer the 16" rim FOR ANY REASON, over any other wheel.

The original post asked HOW IT WOULD LOOK...not how it would ride.

I would have to agree with G-Rell. The stock 16s are fugly, even for a 5 spoke, which is hard not to look sporty, they are bad. You'll definitely notice the difference in that 1" increase plus the look of the wheel itself. If they came in 18 they would be even better. For a similar 5 spoke OEM classy/sporty wheel, check out the jag s type R Zeus wheels that come in 18 and are staggered.
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...d=0ahUKEwjV9v7W3ePJAhVX_WMKHT2iCKoQMwggKAQwBA

For how expensive the LS was, yes they are bad, no offense.

FOR ANY REASON...

the only one I can think of would be the weight, the 16 forged wheels were/are some of the lightest wheels I have ever picked up.

that aside, they were the #1 thing I hated about my 1st gen ( well next to the small motor and ninja cup holders...) probably why when I sold my Mark, I kept the wheels off of it, even with some of the chrome flaking, they still looked better.

I had the 16" wheels on my 2000 when I bought it, new. I then went to the 17" SilverStar's in chrome. The change was dramatic! Visually the wheels look nothing alike and the 17's fit the look of the LS much better than the 16's. Like Alex said, were they 18" they would be about perfect. The ride going from a 55 series tyre to a 50 series isn't enough to notice.

when something is "too small" even one inch can make all the difference.

The ones i found were chipped so the upgrade will be later.

Those 17" rims look good. IMO the 17" looks better than 16",nice picture thanks.

The chome rims are harder to find.:Bang

Best regards!

Members online

No members online now.
Back