Stock CD player

Conti94

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I went with my brother a few weeks back and he picked up a 2000 LS V8 black. it's fully loaded, minus a moonroof.

Well it has a stock 6 disc changer, at least i think it does. Reason i ask is the CD player is not mounted anywhere in the trunk. It's just on the floor of the trunk. and cannot find anything back there that looks like it was once the housing to hold it.

Question is, where in the trunk would this have been? is it supposed to be on the right back side of the trunk like the Town Cars?

It was either the glove box or center console if i remember correctly.

But honestly even a cheap $99 deck would sound way better than the stock ever did.

It was either the glove box or center console if i remember correctly.

But honestly even a cheap $99 deck would sound way better than the stock ever did.

Agreed.

Glove box, or center console huh? Then what the hell is this thing doing in the trunk?:confused:

thats weird as hell, i've never came across one with the changer in the trunk. dealer add on maybe?

thats weird as hell, i've never came across one with the changer in the trunk. dealer add on maybe?

That is what I am thinking. Putting in a different CD player should not be hard though. Just need to figure out where to mount it. since all the wiring is already there in the trunk. I got a few ideas. I could just mount a bracket above the top of the trunk behind the seats there are a few places i can see back there to mount a plastic housing for it so it is not bouncing all over the trunk. I am going look up dealer add on options and see if that is what it is.

Thanks for the info guys much appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.
Back