Stock Amp in 2002 LS

Nicelysedated

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello all
I just bought a 2002 Lincoln LS V8 w/ the alpine system. The manual shows a fuse for an amplifier. This leads me to believe that the car has an amp in it somewhere. Where is the amp and how strong is it? I paid 15k for the car w/ 39000 miles. Was it a good deal ya think?

Nicelysedated said:
Hello all
I just bought a 2002 Lincoln LS V8 w/ the alpine system. The manual shows a fuse for an amplifier. This leads me to believe that the car has an amp in it somewhere. Where is the amp and how strong is it?

Look under the rear deck. IF there is a panel under there, it houses the amp that drives the two subs there. There is also an amp that drives the console speakers, IIRC. Also, just because a fuse is listed, it doesn't mean it is energized.

I paid 15k for the car w/ 39000 miles. Was it a good deal ya think?

Kinda late for this question, don't you think???

You got a good deal. 9/04 I paid $15,5k for an 00 V8 with 60K miles. Put some pics in your garage.
Welcome to the forum!

Never to late to learn from a mistake

I would love to put up some pics but alas the dealer has my car for repairs.
When i bought it i noticed the slect shift didn't work. Apparently the two switches that detect the shifter movement broke and now it needs a whole new shifter. Thankfully lincoln is picking up the tab on that and the rental car. Snoother question, has anybody bought rims from the guy on ebay that has them all going for around 300$. Its seems like a good deal but most ebay sellers are about as honest as politicians.

If you have center consol speakers. There will be two amps, one under the rear deck (inside the trunk) you will have to pull the trim panal down, and then there is an amp for the consol speakers as stated under the left side of the dash.

All in a really great stock sound system.

Jay

LincolnTech38 said:
If you have center consol speakers. There will be two amps, one under the rear deck (inside the trunk) you will have to pull the trim panal down, and then there is an amp for the consol speakers as stated under the left side of the dash.

All in a really great stock sound system.

Jay

Not all Alpine systems have the subs. It was dropped for a time due to weight concerns. I don't remember the exact years/models it was missing.

LS4me said:
Not all Alpine systems have the subs. It was dropped for a time due to weight concerns. I don't remember the exact years/models it was missing.

I didnt say antying about subs.

LincolnTech38 said:
I didnt say antying about subs.

The rear deck speakers on the Alpine system are subs. They are 6X9 free air subs.

That is real good deal, if its still in great shape which I am sure it is.

i paid 16,999 for my 02 ls v6 with the regular 5 disc..in 04.. but i only had 24,000 miles...

Members online

No members online now.
Back