Stock amp died (audio). Looking for a quick, simple solution.

I'm not sure what you mean. pin 2 is chassis ground and pin 5 12v+. Why wouldn't I get voltage there?

EDIT: nvm, i see joegr beat me

there are two amps. you sure the popping is still coming from the back speakers?

Sorry, pin #2 and #9. Neither should have voltage on them. If they don't, check the ohms resistance to chassis ground.

It's definitely 100% coming from the rear deck speakers.

Although I was not aware there were two amps. Where's the other one and what's it amplifying? I don't know if/how that could be related, though.

It's definitely 100% coming from the rear deck speakers.

Although I was not aware there were two amps. Where's the other one and what's it amplifying? I don't know if/how that could be related, though.

If you have center console speakers, there is an amp under the dash for those.
If you have THX nav, there is an amp in the trunk for all door speakers.

Sorry, pin #2 and #9. Neither should have voltage on them. If they don't, check the ohms resistance to chassis ground.

Pin #2 to chassis ground is showing some resistance. It fluctuated a lot because of the awkward position I was in, but seemed to steady around 0.5ohm. I went from pin#2 to the screw holding the amp tray onto the chassis.
Is that enough to explain the pop?

Pin #2 to chassis ground is showing some resistance. It fluctuated a lot because of the awkward position I was in, but seemed to steady around 0.5ohm. I went from pin#2 to the screw holding the amp tray onto the chassis.
Is that enough to explain the pop?

Can you reach between pin 2 and the negative battery post to measure? Also is the meter zeroed?

Can you reach between pin 2 and the negative battery post to measure? Also is the meter zeroed?
The meter should be zeroed, at least for resistance. I'll try the battery post resistance tomorrow. Thanks for your help!

Members online

No members online now.
Back