Stock 6 Disc Issues...

03AspenGreenLS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
This weekend my stock 6 disc indash jammed for the 2nd time. The first time this happened I opened it up and pulled all of the cds out and put it back together and it has worked for the past 4-5 months. This time I was not so lucky. I still recieve CD ERROR when I try to play/load/eject cds. I've already decided that I am going to have to replace the unit, my question is, should I go for direct replacement and risk the changer jamming again? Or is it possible to install one of the single cd/tape units like this one.

Are they original discs or copies?

Some players like the in dash type have a hard time with CD-r's and so on do to the thickness along with any self made labels.

I use the CD-R's that appear to be blank on both sides so they don't actually have a label. I think that the problem lies within the CD changer its self because I have had the same 4 cd's in it for probably 3 months and friday I burned a new mix and went I pushed "Load" and "5" it clicked and said CD Error, I never actually got to put the CD in.

If the same 4 CD's have been in it and you have not attempted to eject any of them it would not show any signs of issues.

Also, as I said some discs in general dont need labels to jam in certain players like this. Some are just thicker than others overall.

Do a search, you'll see lots of members have this issue.

Good luck!

I understand where you are coming from, but I have removed all cd's from the unit at this time, put it back together and it still will not even open the door for me to put a CD in it just clicks and says CD error. My main question is, will a Single CD / Tape unit hook up to my car.

Probably---
However, when I had your problem, I was told that the mechanical bits were out of sync due to age and wear. A 'tune-up' for a hundred bucks was much cheaper than any replacement. That was three years ago and the tune-up is still working just fine.
KS

Members online

No members online now.
Back