Stock 1/4 mile times??

DeeGee

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what a stock lincoln runs?? I have a 88 mark vii b.b edtn.
w/ the 5.0 HO what should this run 1/4 mile. I saw on a website 16.3??
Is this true??

that seems about right, given the weight. You also might want to check if the BB in 89 had the 225hp option. From what I understand they all said HO on the engine.

i havent done anything yet, but i here you can get 300hp easliy,
i wanna take it on vacation first then start the modding. i have a 5speed swap waiting to go in. That will be the first thing any other suggestions

DeeGee said:
i wanna take it on vacation first then start the modding. i have a 5speed swap waiting to go in. That will be the first thing any other suggestions
1) Take pictures
2) Go to the track and get a current stock time slip
3) Take pictures
4) Read everything that anyone has postd on any Lincoln board about five speeds
5) Take pictures

DeeGee said:

Easily? Yeah. Cheaply? Prolly not. :Beer

how do you tell if you have the 225hp version? i have an o/r h-pipe and flows on mine and it ran a 10.20 @ 69mph in the 1/8 with a 2.4/ 60' time. and with the way that car pulls on the top end, i would think that a 15.6 @ 90 or so would be about right.

hotrodLSC said:
how do you tell if you have the 225hp version? i have an o/r h-pipe and flows on mine and it ran a 10.20 @ 69mph in the 1/8 with a 2.4/ 60' time. and with the way that car pulls on the top end, i would think that a 15.6 @ 90 or so would be about right.
Read the eighth position character in your VIN. "M" denotes an HO 302 cubic inch displaced engine with 225 rear wheel braking horsepower.

E = 5.0 302/200 8 Gasoline Throttle Body, Electronic Fuel Injection Ford
F = 5.0 302/140 8 Gasoline Throttle Body,Central Fuel Injection Ford
L = 2.4 149/115 6 Diesel Turbo, Throttle Body, Electronic Fuel Injection BMW
M = 5.0 302/225 8 Gasoline H.O. (High Output) Throttle Body, Electronic Fuel Injection Ford

DeeGee said:
Anyone know what a stock lincoln runs?? I have a 88 mark vii b.b edtn.
w/ the 5.0 HO what should this run 1/4 mile. I saw on a website 16.3??
Is this true??
mine runs about a 14.8 but mine has had the heads shaved ported and polished and mine came with a special edition 265 hp 325 lb/ft. torque 5.0 roller rocker arms roller cam and a 351 crankshaft stock

praterpatricia@bellsouth. said:
mine runs about a 14.8 but mine has had the heads shaved ported and polished and mine came with a special edition 265 hp 325 lb/ft. torque 5.0 roller rocker arms roller cam and a 351 crankshaft stock
Interesting!
When and where can we see this machine?

OldSchool1 said:
Read the eighth position character in your VIN. "M" denotes an HO 302 cubic inch displaced engine with 225 rear wheel braking horsepower.

E = 5.0 302/200 8 Gasoline Throttle Body, Electronic Fuel Injection Ford
F = 5.0 302/140 8 Gasoline Throttle Body,Central Fuel Injection Ford
L = 2.4 149/115 6 Diesel Turbo, Throttle Body, Electronic Fuel Injection BMW
M = 5.0 302/225 8 Gasoline H.O. (High Output) Throttle Body, Electronic Fuel Injection Ford

Actually in '87, the 'M' is the 200 HP version. :Beer

praterpatricia@bellsouth. said:

Either it's a GTC or someone lied terribly to you :GotPics:

NYC LSC said:
Actually in '87, the 'M' is the 200 HP version. :Beer
IIRC
I hate it when this Nerd stuff comes up and I'm away from my hard copies!

UPDATE: We don't need no stinkin' hard copies! We got us a web site full of facts :)

"1987 Lincoln Mark VII

BIOGRAPHY:
1987 Lincoln Mark VII - Introduced October 2, 1986 the Mark VII line continued to produce a Base, Bill Blass, and LSC model. There very little noticeable change for this model year. The 302 engine in theBase and Bill Blass models remained at 140 horse power while the power plant for the LSC still produced 200 horse power. 1987 Mark VIIs are known to have three different engines as a mid-year change was in the works. In anticipation of it's greatest production year, Lincoln planned and installed a 225 hp version of the 302 in very few 1987s. The new engine featured larger heads for greater compression, larger openings in the intake manifold, and larger exhaust ports into the already smooth flowing tubular exhaust manifolds of the LSC. The number of 225 hp engines installed by Lincoln into the 1987s is unknown, and would considered a collector's item today. Badging for the LSC remained the same with a LINCOLN badge above the driver's headlamp, MARK VII badges forward of the doors behind the wheel wells, and LSC badges on the rear columns. Body changes were non existant. Mark's trademark decklid hump, European headlamp lenses, and wind swept fender lines remained. "

Source:

standardcatalogueofford.jpg

My brothers car ran a 16.2 but we put headers on (soon to have a gear) since the last visit to the track so we're hoping for some 15 second passes. What do you guys think? The gear is a 3:73.

BTW heres a pic:
Lincoln013.jpg

MarkVIII93 said:
My brothers car ran a 16.2 but we put headers on (soon to have a gear) since the last visit to the track so we're hoping for some 15 second passes. What do you guys think? The gear is a 3:73.

BTW heres a pic:
Lincoln013.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back