stimulus checks, this made me chuckle

taylor414ce2003

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Sometime this year, we taxpayers will again receive another 'Economic
Stimulus' payment.

This is indeed a very exciting program, and I'll explain it by using a Q &
A format:

Q. What is an 'Economic Stimulus' payment ?

A. It is money that the government will send to taxpayers.

Q.. Where will the government get this money ?

A. From taxpayers.

Q. So the government is giving me back my own money ?

A. Only a smidgen of it.

Q. What is the purpose of this payment ?

A. The plan is for you to use the money to purchase a high-definition TV
set, thus stimulating the economy.

Q. But isn't that stimulating the economy of China ?

A. Shut up.

Below is some helpful advice on how to best help the USA. economy by
spending your stimulus cheque wisely:

* If you spend the stimulus money at walmart the money will go to
China, Taiwan or Sri Lanka .

* If you spend it on petrol, your money will go to the Arabs.

* If you purchase a computer, it will go to India, Taiwan or China .

* If you purchase fruit and vegetables, it will go to Mexico, Honduras and
Guatemala ..

* If you buy an efficient car, it will go to Japan or Korea .

* If you purchase useless stuff, it will go to Taiwan .

* If you pay your credit cards off, or buy shares, it will go to
management bonuses and they will hide it offshore.

Instead, keep the money in the USA by:

1) Spending it at car boot sales, or

2) Going to night clubs, or

3) Spending it on prostitutes, or

4) Beer or whisky or

5) Tattoos.

(These are the only US businesses still operating in the US. )

Conclusion:

Be patriotic - go to a night club with a tattooed prostitute that you met at
a car boot sale and drink beer day and night !

But isn't a lot of booze imported from other countries? I'm not an alcohol drinker, but isn't Corona imported from Mexico?

:lol:

Than support your local breweries

On stimulus checks: I was flipping through the F.M. channels and some guy was on there saying instead of spending billions, and billions on bail outs, and "busy work" pay off everyone's college debt.

Than support your local breweries

On stimulus checks: I was flipping through the F.M. channels and some guy was on there saying instead of spending billions, and billions on bail outs, and "busy work" pay off everyone's college debt.

:):):):):):):):):):):):)

And no Mexican whores LOL

No Keynsian inspired stimulus will work.
If they want to really "fix" the economy, they need to roll back the size and scope of government, lower taxes and, just as importantly, simplify the tax code and DO NOT impose expiration on the policy.

Reality is, economic pain is inevitable. That's the consequence of a century of failed policy and corruption. There's no way out of that. The question is how quickly do we recover, or do we recover at all.

Any answer with, "why don't they give us....." is wrong and only will make the situation worse. It may delay the inevitable another month or year, but it'll make the pain all the worse when it comes.

Funny piece though.
And there are some great domestic alcohol breweries and distillers in this country. There's no reason to import it.

When I received the last stimulus check, I think it was for $300.00.
I spent it on new sheepskin seat covers for one of my cars.
It was an american company, and they custom made the sheepskin covers right in their store while I watched.
I bought American.
I am so tired of all this asian crap being sold in this country.
Bob.

How to create an Economic Boom

Here's how to put America back to work. Have a LOTTERY for real taxpayers with a job. Draw 10 million names. Give those 10 million $1 Million Dollars with the stipulation that they must buy a new house,,new car (or truck),,furnish the house with all new stuff,,a new computer,,an RV,, BUT WAIT,,,that's too simple the politicians could never figure out how to do it.

When I received the last stimulus check, I think it was for $300.00.
I spent it on new sheepskin seat covers for one of my cars.
It was an american company, and they custom made the sheepskin covers right in their store while I watched.
I bought American.
I am so tired of all this asian crap being sold in this country.
Bob.

My last stimulus check was spent improving my left buttcheck TATTOO. It says WINSLOW,ARIZ 1969. I had a pic of OLD GLORY added just below it. I got the Winslow part when I was ''On the road Hitchhiking in Flagstaff,Ariz" I thought I'd never get picked up. Finally a group of rich College girls in a VW BUS picked me up. They all got tattoos and I wanted to "fit in" so I did too. I went all the way to Santa Monica with them. Their big deal was to rollerskate in Bikinis on the sidewalks out there and on Venice Beach. I couldn't afford to keep up with them so I spent that winter at my Aunts in La Puente waiting on my divorce to be final. I got a job at MGM records as a record promotion man after I got a car. Former Eagles Qtr Back Ben Scotti was my boss at MGM and did that for a little over a year until I got a radio job offer at WGOW in Chattanooga.

,,,that's too simple the politicians could never figure out how to do it.

We can't afford a $10,000,000,000,000 stimulus.
Even if we had the money, taking it from one group and handing it to another doesn't make an economy healthy either.
In fact, you're example is precisely another overly complicated way of doing things.

REDUCE THE SIZE OF GOVERNMENT.
REDUCE REGULATION.
LOWER TAXES and create an atmosphere of stability. Waiting for radical changes in policy and regulation on a weekly basis hurts investment.

And if done right, we'll insource manufacturing from other countries as well, and doing so won't require anyone to print more worthless currency or borrow from the Chinese.

I've been tired of asian crap since the late 60's. Not sure what I'd call my attitude toward "them" now, unbelievable maybe?

Best bet is not to take the stimulus check.

I've been tired of asian crap since the late 60's. Not sure what I'd call my attitude toward "them" now, unbelievable maybe?

Best bet is not to take the stimulus check.

Hell, I'LL take it.
My R/T needs a new tonnau cover.
Bob.

Stimulus

Actually one can spend their way out of a depression - the first to come out from the great depression did it by investing in things that stimulated their economy - not that that would work this time beings everything is made overseas and as far as deregualtion that's what got us here in the first place - go no farther than the deregulation of glass steagall back and the gramm leitch bliley act of 1999 under clinton to see the effects of deregulation,,,, capitalism can't function without regulation. and there is no such thing as a free market. lets not even get into reagans free trade agreement. signed by bush 41, ratified by clinton and run amuck by bush 43.

Members online

No members online now.
Back