Still Here

Wes B

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Dear LVC Webmaster,
I thank you for sending e mail regarding my lack of visits/posts to this web sight. I am still very disappointed with LS, Dealership, and Lincoln Customer Service due to events following original quote for heater repair in my 2004 LS by the only dealer in 50 mile radius of me I trusted before I had heater experience. The cost of repair was 3 times what I was told (by service manager) for worst case problem of the heater failure repair. Time taken to repair (3 weeks) is totally out of line plus (very minor) damage to my car and total lack of care and concern for my car taken and problems that lack of care caused me following heater repair. That event pretty much ruined the positive feeling's I had about my purchase and ownership of this low mile (94,600 now) 2004 LS 3.9 Sport. I lost all faith in training given dealers in repair of this car and caused me to drop my plans for several small improvements I wished to make to my car when I got it home with heater fixed. The car ran very well and strong from purchase to when dropped off at dealer for heater repair. I found it (when told was repaired) now had (minor) parts missing sloppy tech and I was not told, the shift cable had been broken during reassembly of floor counsel and the new one not adjusted correctly, the car's fuel had been run from 3/4 of a tank to basically none. However, the low fuel warning and chime works. So, after car sat unused for two + years as I had told service manager the tech let it suck up crap in tank to injectors I would think.
The car began to misfire for first time on the way home from dealer and check engine light came on for first time since car was bought. I had more issues after Lincoln Customer Service Department stated the coils were under a special extended replacement warranty and would be replaced free of charge if found to be not working properly. The former owner had an issue and per a repair order I obtained with the sale. However, his dealer had replaced 5 of 8 coils but non of the repair work was done under warranty and dealer charged him $100.00+ per coil. I asked for other three coils to be checked out by my dealer and brought up the extended warranty told to me by Lincoln Customer Service. The dealer stated it did not apply as was good for up to 10 years from original sale only. Lincoln Customer Service had never said a word about the 10 year limit on extended warranty to me. I felt a total fool and angry. We (my son and I replaced rest of coils) and we then replaced fuel filter (normal thing anyway) but now had to use fuel injection additive to clean and lube injectors as new coils did not stop low rpm misfire. I hoped injector was just partially clogged. Car has run far better now but all faith in LS, Lincoln, and entire dealer network is gone. Not sure if going to keep this car now. Has only 94,600 miles on clock now. LS had 91,400 when I first test drove car. So, I am just basically now on hold until spring comes around and I have more time with car and think it through. Heater works fine anyway:confused:.
Wes

Members online

No members online now.
Back