Stickies?

01LSVT

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if it'd be possible to start a sticky, with a lot of the more general questions and answers? I'm a fairly new member, and searching can take a lot of time for something that is common knowledge to a lot of you. Maybe another sticky for "how-to's"? Just tossing out the idea, as it seems to help the entire community on another board I've frequented for years. I love this site, and hope I can contribute to everyone, as much as I've learned here.

Mark

EDIT: I just found the tech articles. Definitely some good info! I'm looking particularly for a clockspring replacement how-to. There were some pictures of the air bag off, but nothing further that I could find....

Most of the "how-to's" are in the Tech Articles section at the top of the page. Hope this helps

Most of the "how-to's" are in the Tech Articles section at the top of the page. Hope this helps

lol, thanks! I actually edited my post, as I had found the tech articles. I still think a sticky would be nice for general information such as: wheel bolt pattern, speaker size & location, etc. Some things get lost, while some questions get asked 3 and 4 times a week. A sticky or two might clear that up. :confused:

Mark

lol, thanks! I actually edited my post, as I had found the tech articles. I still think a sticky would be nice for general information such as: wheel bolt pattern, speaker size & location, etc. Some things get lost, while some questions get asked 3 and 4 times a week. A sticky or two might clear that up. :confused:

Mark

agreed

Good idea.
Oh and to get the clock spring out you need to completely remove the steering wheel (need a T55 torx and a 2 jaw puller to do that), the steering column cover, the lower dash trim (both panels) and the metal panel behind that to get enough room to get the wire box out. I don't know what the technical term is for that box, it just has a bunch of wires coiled up inside it, and it holds the harness connectors in place. Make sure you center your steering wheel before you take the clock spring off.

Someone put something together and PM either HyeLifeLS, GrayGhost or Joeychgo and ask them to make the thread a sticky. I've seen it done on other sites for Mark VII suspension upgrades, muffler comparos, etc.

Good idea.
Oh and to get the clock spring out you need to completely remove the steering wheel (need a T55 torx and a 2 jaw puller to do that), the steering column cover, the lower dash trim (both panels) and the metal panel behind that to get enough room to get the wire box out. I don't know what the technical term is for that box, it just has a bunch of wires coiled up inside it, and it holds the harness connectors in place. Make sure you center your steering wheel before you take the clock spring off.

BEAUTIFUL!!! Thank you 97stscaddy! This would be an awesome sticky, and I'd be willing to take pictures of the entire process when I do the install myself. I guess this would go in the tech articles, but general info would go into the sticky area. Maybe a more 'respected' member could PM a moderator? I don't want to look like I'm trying to run the show, with my minimal post count. :D

Mark

Members online

No members online now.
Back