Stereo

dglad

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 97 sls and want to put an after market stereo in it some one told me i was very hard on account of the security system does anyone know if this is true or not. Also will the steering wheel controls work with an after market stereo.

It shouldn't be hard if you rip everything out and put all new stuff in, but it would be quite a bit more expensive...

I don't know about the security system, but being that your car has been around for almost a decade, I'm sure a qualified shop will have just the thing for you in case there are issues in that area.

You CAN keep the steering wheel controls but you need to either buy a deck that is compatible or purchase something that makes it compatible. You need to make sure that if this is a big one for you that you specify that when you are looking for your new head unit.

I don't know what your intentions are regarding your system or what your stock system sounds like, but I can tell you that the stock JBL system in my 99 with a couple of tens in the trunk sounds great for most intents and purposes.

Kale

Members online

Back