Stereo Wiring Harness for 03 Standard Audio

238LS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering if you can help me out on finding what wiring harness I need to install my Pioneer AVH-X1500DVD in my 03 LS. It has the standard sound system with just the 6 disc CD player, its an 03 V8 (build date 05/03). Crutchfield sent me a Metra 70-5520 harness but it is not the correct one. I'm glad I checked before I wired in my ASWC-1 steering wheel control integration and my e brake bypass. Thanks for the help guys.

at some point for the 03 model, they changed the harness. as far as I know, no one has ever figured out the cut off date.

the easiest way is to just pull the radio out and look to see if it has the 98 and up harness or the 03 and up harness.

if the 03+ harness (70-5520) isn't the right one, then you need the older 98+ black harness (77-5519)

on a side note, you must have one of the last build dates to use that harness, 5/03 is normally fairly late in the production run for a model year. I definitely would have thought that they would have switched sooner...

Sounds good, thanks man. Yeah with my build date being so late I would have thought it was the 5520 harness as well.

So I have 5519 Harness and it is the correct one. However, on my ASWC-1 steering wheel control interface they only give pin #s for the 5520 and 5700 plug on the LS. Do you guys know which wire I need to tap into for it? Obviously power and ground won't change but I don't know where to put the 3rd wire. I am contacting axxess interface also but I thought maybe one of you had this come up already. Thanks for the help.

the 70-5519 harness and the 70-5700 are the same harness, just follow the instructions...

Members online

Back