stereo upgrades

it depends what way you wanna go, i was happy with a box and a stock sys till it blew, and i just replaced everything and wow thats what it should sound like

I did like chickenviii, cheap Kenwood running off the deck with 2 tens in the trunk at first and now for the real upgrade. Do you have the factory headunit? How much are you looking to spend?

looking to spend aboout 1500.00 for the items alone i have the wiring and i am ording 100 SQFT of dynamat i dont want not a rattle from my car

A subwoofer and amp at least.

If you're not on a budget, I recommend you just replace everything.

A few examples:

New aftermarket head unit (Alpine for 268.35)
New aftermarket panel speakers (Infinity Kappa 6x8 $88.35 for 2)
New aftermarket amplifier (Infinity 4 channel 111 watt rms/channel $198.35)
New speaker wires!! (Scosche 16 gauge wire is cheap at Walmart)
RCA wires are also at Walmart

Power wire (1/0 gauge welding cable is 1.79/foot) 22 feet should be more than enough.

Misc. install items (fuse blocks/battery terminals) are on eBay.

~700 total

JMiles_T said:
A subwoofer and amp at least.

If you're not on a budget, I recommend you just replace everything.

A few examples:

New aftermarket head unit (Alpine for 268.35)
New aftermarket panel speakers (Infinity Kappa 6x8 $88.35 for 2)
New aftermarket amplifier (Infinity 4 channel 111 watt rms/channel $198.35)
New speaker wires!! (Scosche 16 gauge wire is cheap at Walmart)
RCA wires are also at Walmart

Power wire (1/0 gauge welding cable is 1.79/foot) 22 feet should be more than enough.

Misc. install items (fuse blocks/battery terminals) are on eBay.

~700 total
now far as system goes this is what i have
1. apline cda7498
2.plye 12 suba(pair)
3.6 channel amp with 250x2 for the subs
4.indash monitor
5.(2)1.0 farad caps
6. 1/0 gauge and fuses and ect

now in ur opinion what do u all think of this setup?

Any of you audiophiles tell me about Power Acoustek. I have an opportunity to get some of their equipment (Speakers & Amps) for my Gen1. Wondered what the concess is as to quality/price. Thanks

Ive used several of their amps and had no problems at all.. They need air to breathe, as they get a bit hotter than other amps, though its never been a big issue for me. Bottom line, a lot of bang for your buck. As for their subs, I have heard a couple systems with them, but never owned any myself, so cant tell you how they hold up long-term. As for just hearing them, they didnt sound bad at all. In the end, I would buy an amp from them without hesitation, but wouldn't purchase any of their subs.

Members online

Back