Stereo help!!!!!!!!

FromBtoStankin

New LVC Member
Reaction score
hey everybody. so i got a new head unit and the harness i got doesnt work with the stock stereo plugs. the grey one fits but the black square one doesnt... what should i do??? 1996 lincoln continental

take back the harness and get one that fits.

Thanks but that list doesnt match my cars wires. im gonna have to run my own wires. i guess mine had the premium sound

For future reference

A front to rear wiring harness was what you needed it sounds like. Metro makes one and it's labeled ...tuner bypass..... On mine ...'96... The tuner is under the rear window and the kit hooks into it and the wires for speakers and the antenna have to go to the after market unit in the dash from there. Now keep in mind that your stock amp will then be just a box of bolts and the subwoofer will not function either. The power wires should be in the dash though and the other plug in was for the cassette and a few other functions and NOT the speakers. An easy way to find these things out is if the dash unit has no antenna hook up then it's in the trunk. Sonic Electronix had the stereo and kit I needed. But had to be shipped days apart as I had no idea about the wiring issues in the trunk. My bad....but was resolved!

Staff online

Members online

Back