Stereo help!!

00greenls

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok i know some are going to bash me but whatever...
I just bought a eonon dvd/cd player on e-bay and bought the scosche double din kit ln1329b double din mounting kit and the eonon dvd/cd player won't fit the opening on scosche. This has a 7 inch touch screen.install size of this unit is
180Lx165Wx100H mm. Any ideas or am i sol? I can't return this either! Please help!! Anyone interested on these chinese models go to www.eonon.com
I have the d2208 but did not buy it from there but it is legit and same model as on that site but i paid a lot less! Oh btw i have 2000 without alpine system.
Also i looked at single din i have in car and if i were to cut the sides and leave it same with into that bottom pocket thingy it looks like it would work and fit.
Any ideas? Thanks guys!!!!

I didn't have dremel so i tried to customize with a soldering gun and needless to say i destroyed it! even with it widened and the top lip cut off it still didn't seem to fit unless it was warped from solder gun,lol!!!
Would i be better of with the metra kit or is it just like the schosche one?
Is it possible i can rig something with a multiple plastic kits that they sell?
Are the dimensions on my unit similar to the ones others have with like your alpine,pioneer or kenwoods?

I have a double din and I'm using the Metra kit, no problems at with with a 7" screen

You might have to dremel the bezel a bit..

+1. And make that a LOT. Those EONON joints have a HUGE face. you're probably going to end up with it sticking out a bit. The black plastic around the screen is just ridiculously thick and bulky.

lol their website is nothing but bad english.

I got Metra kit. DD 7 inch screen Sony. I had to grind some of the factory bracket. The Metra kit came with instructions on how to modify the factory bracket.

Thanks everyone for your replies!! I custom fabbed the single din mounting kit i had from my previous stereo and got it to work but it was a pita!! The stereo isn't installed yet but i have everything ready. Does anyone know where the wires are for the steering wheel controls for the factory stereo? I have wires on my new stereo to hook into steering wheel controls but can't find them.
Also does anyone know what the black wire with white stripe in after market wiring harness is for? Is it an extra ground wire or something else? Thanks again!!

i had one of those eonon, to save yourself the heartache dont do it they dont fit eonon doesnt post on their site that their dvd players (double din ) are about 1/4 -1/2 inch bigger than a reg. pioneer or other big name double din makers. i tryed making it fit for about 5-6 hours and 7 dash pieces. its not worth the trouble

Members online

No members online now.
Back