Stereo Aux input adapter

ltnate3

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have a 2002 with the in dash 6 disk changer, not premium sound. I want to add an aux input adapter but can't find one. Can someone please point me in the right direction. So far every company has said their product doesn't work with the 6 disk in dash.

yes - I have a 6CD in-dash and am using one. I do have a 2001 LS with the Alpine though.

Quik LS said:
yes - I have a 6CD in-dash and am using one. I do have a 2001 LS with the Alpine though.

Well so far you've been right on with the facts. do you have an aux button on your radio, I don't.

nope - when you push 'media' it cycles through - AM, FM, CD - then when the unit is attached - it adds another media type called 'DJ'.

Quik LS said:
nope - when you push 'media' it cycles through - AM, FM, CD - then when the unit is attached - it adds another media type called 'DJ'.

Great, I'm ordering one tomorrow. I need to hook up a sirius tuner to it. Thanks again!

cool - hope it works for you.

It says it fits Radio Series 815 or 870 -> but I have no idea what those model numbers match up to.....

Quik LS said:

It says it fits Radio Series 815 or 870 -> but I have no idea what those model numbers match up to.....
Me either but I can't imagine it working in your car and not mine. I talked to the Lincoln dealer and they said the Alpine and mine are essentually the same unit but they were paying alpine too much for the name.

Quik LS said:

On my 2000, the Audiophile and standard both start with 870.

Quik LS said:

FYI: Ford radio series numbers are the 8th, 9th & 10th digit in the Ford radio part number
(example: F87F-18C870-AA)

ltnate3 said:
Ok, I have a 2002 with the in dash 6 disk changer, not premium sound. I want to add an aux input adapter but can't find one. Can someone please point me in the right direction. So far every company has said their product doesn't work with the 6 disk in dash.

ITnate3,

I just put one in my '02 with the Alpine in dash 6 disc changer for my XM a couple of weeks ago. I actually found the best deal on the apatper from Crutfield. They sell USA Spec brand, and I found a Crutchfield coupon online for $10.00 off and free freight. This unit actually gives you two pairs of RCA inputs, in case you want to add an iPOD or something. I had always considered them high price, but they were actually competitive even without the coupon. They also send you detailed instructions. Their price was $59.95 I think, and with the discount it was only $49.95. I just searched online and couldn't find the coupon code, but if you call them they might be of some help. I also ordered the VSM mount, which was a tight fit, but works "pretty sweet". Actually the adapter was a tight fit as well. As Quick said, your head unit automatically knows that you have the harness installed and allows you to toggle to the input with the "Media" buttom on your steering wheel. Good luck!

I was wondering the same thing... if this same adapter will work on my '00, the non-Alpine head unit, with the changer in the glovebox?

tbirdnlincoln said:
ITnate3,

I just put one in my '02 with the Alpine in dash 6 disc changer for my XM a couple of weeks ago. I actually found the best deal on the apatper from Crutfield. They sell USA Spec brand, and I found a Crutchfield coupon online for $10.00 off and free freight. This unit actually gives you two pairs of RCA inputs, in case you want to add an iPOD or something. I had always considered them high price, but they were actually competitive even without the coupon. They also send you detailed instructions. Their price was $59.95 I think, and with the discount it was only $49.95. I just searched online and couldn't find the coupon code, but if you call them they might be of some help. I also ordered the VSM mount, which was a tight fit, but works "pretty sweet". Actually the adapter was a tight fit as well. As Quick said, your head unit automatically knows that you have the harness installed and allows you to toggle to the input with the "Media" buttom on your steering wheel. Good luck!

Hey thanks for the information everyone. I already purchased one and waiting for it to be delivered. Was the sound good for those who have already installed. I have a sirius head unit in my vette and the sound is great.

Quik LS said:
Hey Quick need a little help. I just connecting mine and I have a little distortion while using the sirius. Then it just cut's off. After a few minutes I turn the car back on and it works with distortion but only for a few. Any idea what this might be?

ltnate3 said:
Hey Quick need a little help. I just connecting mine and I have a little distortion while using the sirius. Then it just cut's off. After a few minutes I turn the car back on and it works with distortion but only for a few. Any idea what this might be?

I have to have mine on a certain station for it to work otherwise I get a lot of distortion..

I got mine from Crutchfield. $59.95, US Spec brand. When I bought mine, they had an online coupon for $10.00 off & free freight. Everthing thing that Quick says about the Media button cycling through is right on the mark. Your radio will sense the miraculously sense the adapter. The Crutchfiels one also has an additional pair of RCA inputs (which your radio will also sense) so you can have both an MP3 & an XM if you want. The RCA connections are in a samll box that I mountyed under the passenger dash and has its own cable & connector to the adapter harness.

wondering

Does anyone have pictures of the installation, that would help alot!!

Thanks for the Info I have been looking for a way to hook up a Sat radio to my stock 6 disk Alpine deck for the last month. So I am going to order the PIE FRDN-AUX modual.
Now the question I have is what model Sirius do I hook up to this AUX adapter?

sport5speedls said:
Thanks for the Info I have been looking for a way to hook up a Sat radio to my stock 6 disk Alpine deck for the last month. So I am going to order the PIE FRDN-AUX modual.
Now the question I have is what model Sirius do I hook up to this AUX adapter?

Whichever model has audio outs will work or there is not point of getting the FRDN-Aux

Motts said:
I have to have mine on a certain station for it to work otherwise I get a lot of distortion..

so are you actually using the fm modulator? I'm using one but I don't have the antenna hooked up through it. I'm using the audio out jacks. Why would the radio station matter if not going through the fm tuner

before you go to curchfield go to circuit city. I think that have these same adaptors for like 45.99 save some money plues you can have it right away.
They are made by usa spec same everything.

Members online

No members online now.
Back