Steering Wheel Electronic Issues

Dom

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey All,
Searched this for a while and didn't find exactly what I'm looking for. I've been having various issues with the electronics housed in the steering wheel.
1. My horns works intermittently. It doesn't feel like anything is structurally wrong with the horn or wheel, just doesn't sound even though it feels like the connection is being made.Don't know if I worded any of that well!?

2. My steering wheel controls for the radio are messed up and backwards MOST of the time.Sometimes they work. When I press volume up or down, the radio cycles through the presets, or it sometimes even raises or lowers the volume in the opposite direction thats pressed.

So...don't know if I described those well enough to troubleshoot but does anyone have any cures for me? That I could handle myself that is. I don't mind the radio controls being messed up, but here in Boston...I NEED me my horn!!!

Didn't search hard enough.. search clock spring. This site search function is not great by any means, as a matter of fact when you search, "clock spring" this thread will be number one. HAHAHA

I need one as well, but it's fun trying to find what buttons are actually controlling my cruise control haha

I need one as well, but it's fun trying to find what buttons are actually controlling my cruise control haha[/QUOTE]

If you just wait long enough nothing will work. That simplifies everything!!
KS:)

If you just wait long enough nothing will work. That simplifies everything!!
KS:)

Hmm yes yes.. :rolleyes: Just lazy. whos got the best deal on these things anyways?

Sometimes kind find them on Ebay. I work with Jon K at Action Lincoln Mercury, he's good too...

JW

Thanx for the input and you're right...searching for a specific thing is a little tough on this site but you can't beat the help you get. I think I found an old post on how to change out the clockspring yourself. It seems like a job someone with moderate (myself) car repair skills can tackle. I'm just having a hard time finding a clockspring locally. I want to get this done ASAP. Thanx for the help guys.

Members online

Back