Steering Trouble!!

brasolt03

LVC Member
Reaction score
I am having some serious steeting problems. First of off about 3 weeks ago I was taking a corner and didn't anticipate some ice and I slid into a curb I was only going about 15 mpg but it did give a pretty good jurk. Well ever since then my steering has been off centered and is pulling badly to the right. Also at low speeds i feel almost a wobble (very scary) all lug nuts are plenty tight. This car is my daily driver and I sure hope it is not to expesive to fix! What could be the problem? Oh and by the way the car is a 1994 continental with new rear airsuspension (600 dollers worth including installation)

Thanks
brasolt03

well, first thing to look at would be tie rod ends.. maybe bent one.

inspect the entire suspension... may have damaged/bent something. could have even bent the hub (although thats a longshot, probably would have bent the wheel first).

take it to get an alignment done, they are cheap in most areas, and they will be able to tell what you need replaced if anything.

Thanks michigan as always you are very helpfull I will take it in monday for an aligment. Hopefully they will work on this time though the last time I took it they told the car was leaning to the right and they could not do anything, that was of course before I replaced the rear air struts so maybe now it should be ok!

I did this in my friend's Mitsubish Eclipse many years ago, and it needed a lower control arm. Wasn't too expensive ($400), but sucked.

Well it may not be as bad as it looks! I took the tire off today and noticed the inside was worn badly and had a buble!!!! I put the spare on and am going to get new tires tommaro. But while i was in there everything look good the tire rods ends look new! and control arm is not bent! I am taking it into the ford dealer next friday. The tires I am getting are Toyo 800 Ultras 400 dollers all together they have a 100,000 mile warenty and I have heard give a great ride!!

well thanks everyone for the great help. I enjoy this site alot as well as Lincolns online!

brasolt03

Members online

Back