Steering knuckle question

JustALs

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Yo guys
Should I be worried about the part failing with the brand mevotech supreme for a steering knuckle if I corner hard on the daily or Should I buy an oem? Thx

Buy OEM. Pricey... but quick install.

There have been reports from a few members on here... that the Mevo ball joint fails in about a year.

Another option is replacing the ball joint in the knuckle yourself... but that can be a bit of a challenge. Even with the supposed "right tools".

This last option was discussed on here in the last 2 or 3 months.

As far as the actual knuckle goes, it should be fine. If it comes with a ball joint, let's be honest Any ball joint can fail early. I don't know the difference in price between the Motorcraft and the Mevotech but if it is over $100 I would go with the Mevotech. Ball joints are a maintenance item and occasionally need to be replaced. Even OEM ones. Save your money and take your SO out to dinner on the savings.

OEM knuckle (ball joint) lasts for 150k miles or more.

AGAIN... members on here have reported Mevojunk ball joints only lasted about a year.

Do the math. $100 Mevo knuckle per year... vs $400 OEM knuckle that lasts around a decade.

Like the old saying goes... "you get what you pay for".

One could buy the mevotech and drop in a good brand balljoint in it before the install. I read somewhere that ford cast parts go thru an xray machine like these steering knuckles to see if there isnt too much bubbles or weak spots something like that but not sure if the mevotech does this or could be reman oem knuckle with a junk balljoint?
Idk but yeah I put about 100k km down a year I guess I will go OEM for this since the price is nothing too crazy and will obviously outlast the aftermarket.
Im askin myself maybe I could find one on fcpeuro from a S type since, Fcpeuro gives a pretty good unbeatable warranty but I dont recall seeing any on there

Members online

No members online now.
Back