Steele: Limbaugh 'entertainer', whose show is incendiary and ugly

You stated 'to bring about a legal ascendancy'. Legal ascendancy would be placing it in law.

That still doesn't mean direct legislative action. Executive orders, legal precedent (the left's favorite tool of judicial activism), unintended consequences of legislative, bureaucratic regulations, there are many different avenues available to enact an agenda.

So, do you have legal precedent on this - judicial action, executive order, regulations... I still am waiting... for 'legal ascendancy'. It is a rather incendiary statement "our government seeks to bring about a legal ascendancy of Islam over Christianity." I went for the top of the heap first - But, certainly 'our government' indicates a federal level involvement here.

"My gender gap between men and women is 31%. Thirty-one percent is the differential between male approval and female approval. So yesterday I said, “What can I do about this? What could be done? What is the explanation for this?”

"Given this massive gender gap in my personal approval numbers, a 31-point gender gap, it seems reasonable for me to convene a summit."

Rush seems to know that his approval rating (sorry, viewership is something I deal with all the time... I forget he reigns supreme in the dying land of radio...) among women sucks.
You know, I really gave you credit for being smarter than this, and...I was wrong. You're not.

Please explain how a disapproval gap is proof that LISTENERSHIP (NOT viewership, sorry that's TV, not radio despite your protestations that you're SUCH an EXPERT :rolleyes: ) is nonexistent.

Foss, you were stating that 'women call his show and tell him how much they love him.' I was just showing the opposite side of the coin - that it is only 'certain' women who call in - and if you go by the polling numbers - a rather small amount of the female population have this need to reach out and touch him...
Please cite the poll that proves this.

I guess if his poll numbers are down, this will hurt his chances of re-ele...oh, wait.

Well, I'm sure he's lost a lot of adver...uhm...

He used it in September... Actually he is probably trying really hard to get those women to like him - and has been told by his handlers to cut it out - but, when a term is credited to you, I think that pretty much speaks for itself...
Again, you claimed that he uses the term 'CONSTANTLY.' Yet you don't listen to the show, that's clear enough. How is this proof that he says the term 'CONSTANTLY' on his show?

You stated 'to bring about a legal ascendancy'. Legal ascendancy would be placing it in law.
Wrong, as Shag has already pointed out, you poor, short-sighted, shallow thinker.

So, do you have legal precedent on this - judicial action, executive order, regulations... I still am waiting... for 'legal ascendancy'. It is a rather incendiary statement "our government seeks to bring about a legal ascendancy of Islam over Christianity." I went for the top of the heap first - But, certainly 'our government' indicates a federal level involvement here.
Actually, you used the term first. Why don't you look in the mirror and ask what you meant by the term when you said it, and then get back to me. :rolleyes:

By the way, aren't government schools legal?

215-42.gif

282-55.gif

282-56.gif

rushleadsinhardnews.jpg

http://newsbusters.org/node/6674

Rush Limbaugh Listeners Top Chart for 'High Knowledge'

Posted by Greg Sheffield on July 31, 2006 - 18:30.

Which party controls the U.S. House? Who is the current Secretary of State? Who is the president of Russia?

If you know all three questions, you could be a Rush Limbaugh listener. According to a new study by the Pew Research Center for the People and the Press, Rush Limbaugh listeners place second in the category of "high knowledge." This is above the pretentious New Yorker, the almost as pretentious NPR, news magazines like Time, the "News Hour with Jim Lehrer," and cable news outlets.

Doesn't "acting" smart count for something? It only does in New York socials and in "An Inconvenient Truth."

Weekly Standard/New Republic: 50%
Rush Limbaugh: 48%
New Yorker/Atlantic: 44%
O’Reilly Factor: 42%
News magazines 41%
Online news (daily): 41%
NPR: 39%
Daily Show: 38%
Sunday AM talk: 36%
Talk radio: 36%
Business magazines: 33%
NewsHour: 32%
CNN: 31%
Daily newspaper: 30%
Nightly network news: 30%
Larry King Live: 30%
Fox News Channel: 28%
TV news magazines: 27%
Community newspapers: 27%
Letterman/Leno: 26%
C-SPAN: 25%
Local TV news: 24%

If you want the truth and want to know what the hell is going on in this country, listen to Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck.

Educate yourself. Free yourself from the chains of the liberal MSM.

72 percent of his listeners are men, only 28 percent are women which turns out to be 3.8 million a week -

As perspective... Oprah gets over 8 million women viewers a day, over 40 million a week.

Regular readers of magazines such as The New Yorker, The Atlantic, and Harper's Magazine stand out for their political knowledge; almost half (48%) can correctly identify Rice, Brown and the majority party in the U.S. House of Representatives. NPR listeners rank closely behind, with 44% of regular listeners registering a high knowledge score. More than four-in-ten regular Hardball (43%) and Hannity & Colmes (42%) viewers also score relatively high for political knowledge.

In general, well-educated news audiences have high levels of political knowledge; for instance, 54% of regular readers of publications such as The New Yorker, The Atlantic and Harper's Magazine are college graduates, as are 54% of regular NPR listeners. However, a greater proportion of regular readers of business magazines are college graduates (60%), but just 36% answered all three political knowledge questions correctly.

Just a third of regular Rush Limbaugh listeners are college graduates, but this audience scored as well on political knowledge as did regular business magazine readers.
Similarly, only about three-in-ten (31%) regular Hannity & Colmes listeners are college graduates, but a relatively large proportion (42%) answered all three questions correctly.

So, Rush listeners, as far as political knowledge, score 36%, while NPR audiences score 44% and New Yorker audiences score 48%.

2008 report Bryan, not your 2006 report... Rush's listeners are falling behind the curve... ;)

2008 report Bryan, not your 2006 report...

Sorry, I'll trust my source, not yours. Especially after the Dems made Rush enemy number 1. And don't think this just happened yesterday.

All throughout the election last year they bashed on Limbaugh day and night.

Same Pew Research reports - just different years Bryan. They do this every year... So they can track - trends, what a concept... Same sort of questions - same media breakdowns...

2008 Report is here

2006 Report is here (the one that your 2006 Newsbuster's article uses... and they link to it)

So, we can say Rush's listeners' political knowledge is trending down...

Same Pew Research reports -

And now you're gonna tell me how the Pew Research people are unbiased and all that b.s.

You just can't see or won't admit the Obama administration and the media out and out attempt to marginalize conservatives at every turn.

I'll waste my time some other time and come up with some polls that aren't Obama ass kissers and then we'll see the results.

Oh, and pay attention to the years of the polls and who is in office.

'06 - Bush
'08 - Obama

Come on. Get real.

Why would Pew be OK in 2006 - but not now? Those charts you posted are Pew's charts -

Members online

No members online now.
Back