Stealth shift light

00ls5spd

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I want to install a shift light into my driver side ac vent....(stealth shift light)
Before you guys jump on me, I'm not trying to race my LS or anything. I just think it would be a cool item to have. I dont want some bulky dash mounted light though. My main question is: does ayone know how to hook it up. I'm not sure what wire I would need to tap into. I have the lincoln Ls service manual on CD. So if anyone knows please help. I want to know how difficult this will be before I spend the money. Thanks in advance guys.

no, it also doesn't display what gear u are in like the autos do.

If it had a stock light you could tap into that, but since it doesnt I dont know. Maybe you could pull it out of the rev limiter circuit, but thats...unlikely. What if you use an aftermarket tach that will work with the car that has a shift light (good luck) and hide the tach, but extend the wires for the light and relocate it into the vent?

Manual LS's also dont have rev-limiter....

One of the pro points of the manuals....rev her up, pop the clutch and smoke the hell out of the tires......only once in ahwile though, the LS isn't a race car.....lol

There isn't a day that goes by that I dont wish my LS was a manual.

Aftermarket shift lights tap into the coil to get RPM, and you can adjust them to come on at whatever specific RPM you like.

I respect your right to do what you want but I think its the other way around. I think you would get made fun of more for having it just to look cool instead of serving a purpose.

I dont exactly know how its done but I seen people just put a small light like a LED or something in the dash and wire it up for a shift light. Im almost sure they use all the other parts but the actual light from a aftermarket unit.

Not for nothing, but what purpose does a shift light serve? I understand its racing function, but in a street car? I have had a few manual tranny's including a 6-speed T/A and i never had a problem with shifting. Do you forget what gear your in or do you not know when to shift from gear to gear? I'm not knocking the idea....i just dont understand its purpose.

Not for nothing, but what purpose does a shift light serve? I understand its racing function, but in a street car? I have had a few manual tranny's including a 6-speed T/A and i never had a problem with shifting. Do you forget what gear your in or do you not know when to shift from gear to gear? I'm not knocking the idea....i just dont understand its purpose.

Man, ppl like you are the reason more ppl don't ask questions on this forum. This isn't the first time you have rubbed me the wrong way.

I know what gear I'm in and have been driving manuals for over 12 years. If you don't have anything reasonable to say then why post? The function of the light is to shift at optimal rpm for performance, in those instances when I want to have some fun.

I know the Ls isnt a race car, but I enjoy driving it.

I'm really starting to think you thrive on conflict, you tend to piss off ppl here, and I'm sure I'm not the only other person on here that feels that way.

Just do me a favor and anytime you see a thread from me just ignore it, because I can promise you I will gladly skip over anything you manage to type on this forum!

Man, ppl like you are the reason more ppl don't ask questions on this forum. This isn't the first time you have rubbed me the wrong way.

I know what gear I'm in and have been driving manuals for over 12 years. If you don't have anything reasonable to say then why post? The function of the light is to shift at optimal rpm for performance, in those instances when I want to have some fun.

I know the Ls isnt a race car, but I enjoy driving it.

I'm really starting to think you thrive on conflict, you tend to piss off ppl here, and I'm sure I'm not the only other person on here that feels that way.

Just do me a favor and anytime you see a thread from me just ignore it, because I can promise you I will gladly skip over anything you manage to type on this forum!
Your right...i overlooked the "optimal rpm" thing. What was i thinking? If you need training wheels for your tranny so you know when to shift thats fine. Go enjoy your optimal rpm shifting on your V6 lincoln, hate to have any 4 bangers beat you out there on the street. Unfortunately not enough people speak up on how gay some of the ideas are on here, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, people like you just cant take any critism. You gotta complain and cry if 100% of the people dont see things your way. Thats not the way life works in the real world buddy. But by all means add me to an "ignore" list because i hate to see grown people pouting. I've seen young children take better critism than some of the people on here, freaking grow up and take things like a man or maybe woman for your case.

I dont understand why you post here...100% of the people dont see things YOUR WAY.

Arent you the one who likes to say stuff like, "didnt your mother tell you if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anythng at all"? I could have sworn so.

Your right...i overlooked the "optimal rpm" thing. What was i thinking? If you need training wheels for your tranny so you know when to shift thats fine. Go enjoy your optimal rpm shifting on your V6 lincoln, hate to have any 4 bangers beat you out there on the street. Unfortunately not enough people speak up on how gay some of the ideas are on here, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, people like you just cant take any critism. You gotta complain and cry if 100% of the people dont see things your way. Thats not the way life works in the real world buddy. But by all means add me to an "ignore" list because i hate to see grown people pouting. I've seen young children take better critism than some of the people on here, freaking grow up and take things like a man or maybe woman for your case.

C R I T I C I S M

Its always funny when people say they are entitled to an opinion after they bash on some one for they're taste then say they are pouting but yet they follow up with the pre school comebacks

Criticism...i caught that after i reread it but it was too late to edit...that is bad spelling.

Whats so damn stupid about this is my original post wasnt bashing this guy at all. I simply asked what his purpose was for having a shift light. Again, i understand at a track when a win or loss is decided by fractions of a second the need for a shift light for "optimal rpm" shifting. He's talking about a manual V6 Lincoln...a luxury vehicle...driven on the street. Hell even with the SST in these cars its not too hard to know when to shift. But in HIS original post he stated "i think it would be a cool item to have". Thats a lame reason for me. Take it for what its worth and move on. So many people talk so much bullsh!t about me and i have never felt like i need to whine like so many others do. This is a internet forum...where things are discussed...good or bad, agree or disagree. I dont care if 100% of the people here disagree with me....more reason for me to state my opinion.

fla02ls, you should take a communications course at a local college. it will really help you state your opinion in a neutral manner instead of your slightly aggressive tone.

back to the stealth shift light, i think it would be really cool inside that d/s vent.

Fla02LS,

you come across with an attitude in most of your posts. You were right, it was somewhat childish of me to put u on an ignore list. you are intitled to your opinion, but in most cases when u don't agree you tend to talk down to the other person posting rather than just stating your point. possibly it may be taken out of context, but possibly your are trying to be a smarta$$. I propose we just let this go as: you think I'm a crybaby and I think your an a$$hole. I'm sure you won't let me have the last word though!

One other point.... next time your refer to an idea as being gay, realize this is showing your level of intelligence or lack there of.

Members online

No members online now.
Back