Static from the sub channel

kkiley

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
2005 3.9 V8. I replaced the stock radio with a Kenwood dual DIN radio and have enjoyed it for years. I have the steering wheel controls and the additional plug required to power up the sub-woofer side of the system.
Just last week, it started having a static popping sound in the background of the radio and other functions. I cannot find any source that changes the speed of the noise.The noise is there unless I put the radio in the stand by mode.
I tried powering the sub side of the system up with power from a USB power source plugged into the cigarette lighter, as that is 5 volt, which is what it needs. Still has the static from either power source.
I know from reading it's usually a ground issue. I tried adding a wire to the radio to ground it, no change.
It's worked for years, and the system sounds so much better with the subs working. Any suggestions where this noise could be coming from?
Thanks!

Wow, I just found this in another thread:

I have had the DCCV effect both the amp and the parking brake, last time this happened both issues went away once a new DCCV was installed.

This just started happening and guess what? My DCCV is bad and ready to replace it.
I hope this fixes the issue.

Members online

Back