Starting my project. 2000 Lincoln LS

PacificNW

New LVC Member
Reaction score
So I've started work on my 2000 Lincoln LS 3.9 v8. I kept it stock for over a year and thought I might as well try some stuff out. I started with a muffler delete and boy does it sound good. My KKM intake is on its way. My plasti dip is on its way, going with matte white. Would love to her some opinions and suggestions on what I'm doing and what I should do. New to this forum so thank you guys, been a long time lurker. I'll keep you guys posted with pictures. Here it is stock: 10999978_10204738364158820_9096855356290286174_n.jpg

10999978_10204738364158820_9096855356290286174_n.jpg

oh you could follow mine pretty easily.

Angle eyes
reflector delete
clear side markers
wheels
lower

are all good starters

setting aside for suspension, cops, cooling are good ideas too!

GL

I have a set of Clear Sport side markers for $25 shipped (in the us). They are the grey backed ones. Would look great on your car. Let me know if you want them.

clear side marker 1.jpg
clear side marker 2.jpg

clear side marker 1.jpg

clear side marker 2.jpg

oh you could follow mine pretty easily.

Angle eyes
reflector delete
clear side markers
wheels
lower

are all good starters

setting aside for suspension, cops, cooling are good ideas too!

GL
I have been looking at angel eyes. Can you give me information on the suspension?

"site:lincolnvscadillac.com " before or after ANY question you have in google will answer 95% of all your questions... plus you'll learn a ton about this car!!!

"site:lincolnvscadillac.com " before or after ANY question you have in google will answer 95% of all your questions... plus you'll learn a ton about this car!!!
Awesome thank you! One more question, did you install your halos yourself?

i did.. as you read, you'll learn to see if you have grey or black sealant holding your first gens together... Once you get close to installing (after you find your rings...not sure where to get them anymore), i'll repost a writeup i have ... its on here somewhere...

look through the pics thread for ideas too!

Hot glue that tow hook cover in before you loose it.
Adjust your right side hood bumper stop, too high, it's out of line with the other side.
Color match chrome on front grille and rear surround.

What happened to the right side of this LS, ie that black mirror?

Hot glue that tow hook cover in before you loose it.
Adjust your right side hood bumper stop, too high, it's out of line with the other side.
Color match chrome on front grille and rear surround.

What happened to the right side of this LS, ie that black mirror?
Paint appears to have come off. Was like that when the car was purchased

Paint came off the entire mirror, weird indeed. Could probably do a rattle can paint match and get a close-enough job done on it.

Paint came off the entire mirror, weird indeed. Could probably do a rattle can paint match and get a close-enough job done on it.
I was told the car took a beating before I received it. But there is more than the mirror in paint defects so I'm gonna experiment with plasti dip and see how it turns out

I was told the car took a beating before I received it. But there is more than the mirror in paint defects so I'm gonna experiment with plasti dip and see how it turns out

new Dip clearcoat... can go over any color. :cool:

12080468_1692679760964667_231215479_n1_zpsc9hl5lz5.jpg

11351976_1175884275759188_1262040139_n_zpsunnb9zrl.jpg

Last shot of the back looks really clean, I like it.

Countdown on overspray comments in 3-2-1...

Lookin good! Just gotta get rid of the amber turn lenses

Damn that was a quick turn around on the cosmetic redo, did you do this yourself or take it to a shop, Pacific?

PS: should have done it in CAMO ARMY GREEN !!! (little thing I have ... waiting to see who will do that color first)

PS: should have done it in CAMO ARMY GREEN !!! (little thing I have ... waiting to see who will do that color first)

lol

Last shot of the back looks really clean, I like it.

Countdown on overspray comments in 3-2-1...

The LS has some very difficult body lines and molding to dip.. It's not as easy as the "cars on youtube" would make it seem. your best option is to fully strip, like Drizzle did (like a real PJ). Or somewhere in between, like i did... I will be removing everything next time around.

Damn that was a quick turn around on the cosmetic redo, did you do this yourself or take it to a shop, Pacific?

Did everything in my buddy's garage. It sure was a long process. Got a lot of touching up to do

Members online

Back