Starting issue

jarrett88

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So, I dont know a lot about this car because I just purchased it other than the research I did before purchasing. The two times I test drove the car it started fine. Then subsequently started fine the first six times after purchasing it. Then the seventh the car had a hard time starting it, and since then majority of the time has that issue. It seems to be better if I turn it off and turn it back on right away, but it always starts then runs just fine once it is on and also seems to start better on first start of the day.

Other information, is I had gotten gas then took it home, the next start after that was the first time the starter issue began. Since, I have put a fuel injector cleaner in the gas, and checked the battery, as well as called Lincoln to get information on the Ignition Coil issues. Does anyone have any ideas?

I have a pilot friend that lives in Lino lakes.....

Anywho, what brand & octane gas did you use? Since the problem started after fueling up I would start there.

Maybe a leaking fuel injector? I have a similar issue and I am pretty sure that is what I have going on. Gonna chase it down to confirm it as soon as I get some time.

I am using 89 octane gas, the guy I bought if from told me that that is what he used.

Why would anyone listen to the manual or a sticker. It's all lies!

I routinely don't even put full gas in mine. I use a 50-50 blend of 87 and fish oil. The added DHA and EPA omega 3's help keep my engine running strong

k, so i :q:q:q:qed up, I had a VW never had that issue, with not using premium. would putting an octane booster in raise the level in the gas to a premium level.

k, so i :q:q:q:qed up, I had a VW never had that issue, with not using premium. would putting an octane booster in raise the level in the gas to a premium level.

Yes.

Or hey maybe you could just put some actual higher octane fuel??

And why am I getting treated like a idiot I did my research but for keeping up with the car I asked what has had been being used in the car and simply went with what he said.

Hey, Jarrett, we all take our lumps around here. Welcome to LVC. I tried using 89 octane once and had lots of problems. Just use 91+ from now on, you'll be fine.

When I bought mine the dealer filled it up with 89 for me, ran like poop. What an douche. I put some octane booster in it and called it good, been putting sunoco 94 in it ever since.

And why am I getting treated like a idiot I did my research but for keeping up with the car I asked what has had been being used in the car and simply went with what he said.

Welcome to the Interwebs! ;)

Don't sweat it. Toss in a bottle, buy high-grade gas next time, let us know if it happens again. Hard starts are symptoms of more serious problems, but bad gas is the easy answer and easy to fix.
You'll find that this is a pretty helpful bunch. You don't even get charged for the insults!

Welcome to the Interwebs! ;)

Don't sweat it. Toss in a bottle, buy high-grade gas next time, let us know if it happens again. Hard starts are symptoms of more serious problems, but bad gas is the easy answer and easy to fix.
You'll find that this is a pretty helpful bunch. You don't even get charged for the insults!

we don't get charged... :q:q:q:q me someone on here stole my cc number then hahaha just kidding.

the second you hop on this here webernet you can expect people to treat you like an idiot. I was treated like a tard in my first month or 24 but I'm still around...

I expect more from you, a facepalm meme at the very least.

Some cars are able to run on less than premium, unfortunately the LS is not one of them.

Welcome to LVC! Don't worry once the initial hazing is over and you make friends with the google search of this site you'll fit right in lol.

Here you go....

I am using 89 octane gas, the guy I bought if from told me that that is what he used.

17624902.jpg

I expect more from you, a facepalm meme at the very least.

Some cars are able to run on less than premium, unfortunately the LS is not one of them.

Welcome to LVC! Don't worry once the initial hazing is over and you make friends with the google search of this site you'll fit right in lol.

FINE!

17630284.jpg

well it turned out it was actually the pump, which via a thread i found on here was able to go ahead and do myself

glad everything worked out for ya... and keep an eye on the rest of the fluids...no matter what the previous owner said...

did your LS come with a sticker right on the gas door like both of mine did?

because blatantly disregarding a rather large warning sticker is something that an idiot would do, sorry for the confusion.

Members online

No members online now.
Back