starter issue ?

EmpireSix

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
When it gets really cold outside and i try to start my car (auto start and key start) all the electronics come on fine but all i hear from the engine is a "ting" like a finger flicking a full glass of water. but after 10-15 tries i finally get it to fire and it starts right up. There has been no battery drain. It has no problem unless the temp go below 10 degrees or so. What could be freezing to make this happen ?

Thanks guys for any input.

Do your gauges jump up when you try to start it? This just happened to me...turned out to be the battery.

no, no jumping of guages. when i put the key in AUX everything runs fine and lights are bright. Just sounds like the starter sucks. I may just buy one to be safe

Man go get the battery tested. I was positive my starter was broken because theres no way the music/lights would work if the battery was dead right?? wrong lol

I would say if it's an original battery and in those kinds of weather/temperature coniditions, it could very well be on it's way out. I would take the battery to AutoZone and have them test it for you (for free) before you go throwing money at un-needed parts.

Members online

No members online now.
Back