Started Car and heard a bang

feehar

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Engine shakes and wants to bog out, sounds like something is loose in engine. Happened when it turned over. Was told it might be a fly wheel is it a big job??

Stealership replaced mine when I bought the car. IIRC, they said it was $1300, I paid nothing but the 8grand they wanted for the car. Win win as far as I was concerned. But, that was May 2005.

Sounds like a secondary timing chain might have broke on you. You said the car runs very rough and wants to stall out?

Sounds like a secondary timing chain might have broke on you. You said the car runs very rough and wants to stall out?

I think that's a better bet on a gen I V8 than the flexplate. It's a V8, so it's an automatic, so there's no flywheel.

I think that's a better bet on a gen I V8 than the flexplate. It's a V8, so it's an automatic, so there's no flywheel.

Although I agree with your nomenclature, please be aware that Ford manuals often refer to a flexplate as a flywheel. They do serve the same purposes.

KS

Although I agree with your nomenclature, please be aware that Ford manuals often refer to a flexplate as a flywheel. They do serve the same purposes.

KS

That explains they the tech (6 years ago) called it a flywheel. Thanks for elaborating

FYI, Maybe Torque Converter?

Had to replace mine when I first got it.. 1200$

Damn!! Was that at the dealership? I paid $2700 at the dealership for a new transmission, all new sensors, and new torque converter install by them with a 3 year warranty.

Members online

No members online now.
Back