start a nj meet ....

1bdlinc

LVC Member
Reaction score
hey guys ,,lets start planning a meet for 2008,,,,maybe a friday nite or sat at englishtown................let me know im in....

You guys can always meet up with the TSTaCC crew. i'll even bring out my Lethal Lincoln for ya. We meet up all of the time and cover MN12 and Fox T-birds, Cougars, Mark VIIs and Mark VIIIs. Check out the forums we have also(sorry for the clutter, we just got the site back up from a mishap).

www.tstacc.com

I live in Vineland myself, just moved from PA.

I'm down for wherever, whenever in '08. I'd rather do the track thing in the spring or fall. Summer's too damn hot to be locked up in your car with a helmet on. :D

Helmets have to be DOT SNELL approved right? I have a dirtbike helmet, just not a full face helmet.

At Englishtown, yes. They've gotten very strict this year compared to last. Atco, I can't remember if I had to wear one. I know I don't have to down at Atlanta Dragway. Weird.

No matter how slow you are? I know anything under 13.99 at E-Town is full face helmet.

You know off-hand if Atco rents helmets? I owned one the last time I was there, but that went bye bye when I parted my '87.

i dont remember if they rent... but i was in a stock 86 crx si running mid 15's and i had to have full helmet and long sleeves.. this was a few years ago and i dont know if things have changed but i doubt it

You guys can always meet up with the TSTaCC crew. i'll even bring out my Lethal Lincoln for ya. We meet up all of the time and cover MN12 and Fox T-birds, Cougars, Mark VIIs and Mark VIIIs. Check out the forums we have also(sorry for the clutter, we just got the site back up from a mishap).

www.tstacc.com

I live in Vineland myself, just moved from PA.

where and when do you meet up??..

and slickemhound meets up in deptford with some tbird ,cougar, mark guys..

are you guys same club or different??

get together ideas

guys,,,,lets start making plans for a car show or something soon in the south jersey central jersey area......email me at lusmile2@aol.com with any ideas....thx john

DSCF3274.jpg

Atco I vaguely remember a guy in a Trans Am with a helmet, so I'd say the 13.99 thing is probably in effect.

Atco I vaguely remember a guy in a Trans Am with a helmet, so I'd say the 13.99 thing is probably in effect.

Almost positive that Atco requires a helmet for all racers regardless of speed (sorry should have mentioned that before), not sure what level as far as DOT or SNELL or whatever the ratings are concerned. They check your helmet at tech inspection. I checked the Atco website but couldn't find the official rules.

from the NHRA website
A helmet is required for the driver of any car or truck running 13.99 seconds or quicker in the quarter mile, and for the rider of any motorcycle. Most drivers can use a helmet meeting SNELL K98, M2000, SA2000, M2005, or SA2005 specifications. Professional category and some alcohol burning vehicles require an SA rated helmet. It is important to note that the helmet rating must be designated on a tag INSIDE the helmet, or sewn to one of the helmet straps. The designation stenciled on the exterior of the helmet is insufficient for NHRA technical inspection. Also, some tracks require a helmet on ALL drivers, so check in advance.

i ran mid 15's in my old crx and i saw a mack dump truck run a 22.. he had a helmet on..

so im guessing all drivers at atco... and i remember something about long sleeves.. not sure though

either way.. if some guys from here are going there.. i'll meet up

Not sure about the long sleeves, pants are a definate, jeans preferred.

Devil- you on modularmisfits.com? that avatar looks familar

Members online

No members online now.
Back