Stalling Problem Fix...

formerknown

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Last week, my new Conti began stalling-out at low speeds or during stops. The vehicle would shut down- no codes/ DTC, warnings, etc.

I took it to my mechanic and he found that the air filter assembly had not been properly sealed. He said that too much air gets in and the PCM shuts down the motor for protection. I remember checking the air filter for dirt, and I must have failed to properly reseal the filter assembly (which is a pain in the ass to do- if you close the filter end, the throttle end comes off and you have to break-out the screwdriver :mad: ...)

Just posting this in case anyone else has this problem...

Have the throttle body and mass air flow sensor cleaned out as well as the idle air control solenoid and the stalling problems will disappear.

I had this problem with a 93 Taurus I had and these fixes cured the stalling. GL

I noticed you have an 02 Conti, still I would check into these things as well as maybe running a fuel injector cleaner in the tank.

Last edited:
Good advise, wolverine fan. Make a post in the welcome section so we can give you the proper props.

evillally said:
Last week, my new Conti began stalling-out at low speeds or during stops. The vehicle would shut down- no codes/ DTC, warnings, etc.
Hey Joey, sound familiar....

Members online

No members online now.
Back