Stall Problem

D-Ice

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey eveyone. I have a problem with my 90 Town Car. I had this problem for awhile, but I never did anything about it, but it happends more when its hot and the air is on.

I start my Town Car up, it shuts off, I have to give it some gas for a few min, then it will idle right, but even after I give it the gas, sometimes I'm backing out, and it cuts off when I take my foot off the petal to put it into drive.

A side note: When its in idle, and the AC is on the idle is so low that the car shakes then I guess the computer pulls the idle up. When I first start the car, it and sometimes I dont have to give it the gas, it feels like the car is pulsing. The engine wants to shut off, but I the computer or something keeps it from doing so. This only happends when i first start it. After I drive it. It's usually fine.

Whats this problem?

do a full tune-up on it... thats what i did and it fixed my stalling problem

Well I did a full tune up on it about 8 months ago. And even before it was doing it.

mine has a similar problem, when i take it to autozone for a computer check up , they said all that shows was a bad oxy sensor.. succs , guess ill try tha tune up

Members online

No members online now.
Back