Stainless Steel Brakelines

LEOV5

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
WOW!!!! What a difference this makes on the pedal effort on my LS. I had them installed on 280zx about 8 years ago, so you kinda forget how much difference it really makes. I would recommend this upgrade to anyone who is even thinking about it to go ahead and not wait. I did this on Friday morning ( yes I wanted to impress at the meet on Sat.) along with another oil change. Did the complete flush with clean brake fluid. I used the synthentic fluid made by Valvoline dot 3-4.

Dammit, I wanted to drive your car man. Well, you are not that far, I want to try it out.

WOW!!!! What a difference this makes on the pedal effort on my LS. I had them installed on 280zx about 8 years ago, so you kinda forget how much difference it really makes. I would recommend this upgrade to anyone who is even thinking about it to go ahead and not wait. I did this on Friday morning ( yes I wanted to impress at the meet on Sat.) along with another oil change. Did the complete flush with clean brake fluid. I used the synthentic fluid made by Valvoline dot 3-4.

Those will go on mine, when I upgrade the rotors...which will be pretty soon, as I know Ford brakes...

I upgraded my Brake Setup last week with Powerslot Rotors(Front) OEM Rotors(Rear) & Akebono ProACT Pads on all 4 Corners including the Stop-Tech SS Brake Lines and I feel a huge difference because when I apply the brakes I feel a more quick response

A+++ on the upgrade

Quick question, did anyone doing this just change their brake fluid first and see what a difference it makes and than change the lines?

Changing your brake fluid only... the results will very greatly depending upon a lot of things. Age of car, climate the vehicle has spent its life in, miles on the car, type of driving.

If you've got more than 60k on your car, it's a good idea to do a fluid flush on your brakes. That being said, if it will be noticeable or not is all dependent upon things stated above. (because all of that above will contribute to how much condensation/contamination is in the fluid... as well as how much heat the fluid has been exposed to.

200 bucks? :eek: that's insanely cheap for the brake lines i think. and the way the guys that have done it stand by the product it seems like a bargain. might do that myself but don't know if i would be able to do the install myself.

I wouldn't say it's insainly cheap. That's about the going rate for most cars.

i'm wondering what a shop gets for installation of these. i'm not very knowledgeable with brakes, and bleeding the lines. i know there's a tech article, but something that essential to my safety i'd rather leave up to the professionals...

Yes they are the Stoptech SS lines. And yeah Hyelife you can drive my car! No I didn't think about bleeding my lines first to see the difference. But i think that I will do that on the Wife's Mountianeer, next week and see how it works out. One more thing that I must mention. I noticed that the lines are going to rub o the lower suspension arm, so I split open a piece of fuel line and covered about 8 inches of the brake line, so it would rub on the fuel line and not the brake line.

Members online

No members online now.
Back