Srutmasters ...Arnott...same company?

Kissmyblass

LVC Member
Reaction score
I just bought 2 rear air springs for my 88 blass from Srutmasters, when I opened
the box (clearly labled Srutmasters) the air springs have, Air springs by Arnott
INC logo on the bags.
I thought these were two seperate companies.
Can anyone shed some light on this subject...:confused:

No they are not the same company just Arnott makes the struts. They are made in China.

Aftermarket struts are made by Arnott in China and sold to Strutmaster and American Air Suspension.

The biggest difference between the 3 is service and support.

The Best Service is from American Air Suspension... I have purchase from both Strutmaster and American Air Suspension.. I can not believe the difference of support.

Eddie helped me with my purchase of Strumaster's product when I could get help from Strutmasters when I needed it.

Eddie seem to always be around or would call me back while I was working on the project.

Eddie also buys back your old struts to re-manufacture. The Re-manufactured OEM struts are a much better strut than the China struts.

Plus Eddie offers a 2 year warranty while Strutmasters and Arnott only offer 1 year.

mespock said:
The Re-manufactured OEM struts are a much better strut than the China struts.

Plus Eddie offers a 2 year warranty while Strutmasters and Arnott only offer 1 year.

There is no supporting evidence that one air spring is any better quality than the other; that's a simple matter of opinion.

Strutmasters offers a lifetime warranty.

Don't get me wrong, Eddie is great and I recommend buying parts from him. But for the cheap option, Strutmasters holds their own.

Strutmisery......

My experience with strutmasters was frustrating and missleading......Arnott was helpful, gave me the right info and sent my order as stated.

Gray Mist said:
My experience with strutmasters was frustrating and missleading......Arnott was helpful, gave me the right info and sent my order as stated.

I live in canada and when I talked to Arnott they said I would have to pay duty on the air springs because they were not NAFTA complient (some parts are not made in north america)...Then I ordered the same airsprings from Strutmasters for about the same price. Their price includes the exchange rate and free shipping and NO DUTY.
The invoice stated (I hereby certfiy that the goods covered by this shipment qualify as originating goods for purposes of preferential tariff treatment under the NAFTA)

my query is why can Strutmasters ship the exact same product as Arnott, duty free
and ARNOTT can't....:confused:

Kissmyblass....

You highlighted my response so I assume you directed your statement to me.

I have no idea or interest in why Strutmasters did what they did, or can certify what they did was proper.

My experience with them held me up for two weeks with lies and promised delivery times, promised return calls that never came. The springs come with a set of new o-rings yet they sold me a set in addition without telling me they came with the springs. They were going to sell me a dryer without telling me that the new dryer was not an exact replacement and would come with the tabs broken off(that were for attachment to new pump) which would mean I wouldn't be able to use it with a new pump when the time came.

I complained to management and was told "I'll followup on this and call you tomorrow." No phone call came. I called and got a BS run around.

I run a business and learned very early to NEVER lie to a customer. Truth is hard enough to sell.....Lieing can only bring anger and resentment and serves no gain.

THAT was what I was talking about as far as Strutmisery was concerned.

But....I could be wrong.

Hope you get your blass back in order.

PS Strutmasters told me that they buy them from Arnott and that they were looking into getting their own made under their label.

My beef with both these outfits is that they don't have an engineering department, appear to have largely copied the design so they didn't run numbers on anything, and they claim the LSC spring is the same(!) as the base/BB spring. Caveat emptor. I've used them for a cheap source of springs for my Continental, but I'm running tests now on temporary spring leak sealers. So far, it looks like they might work well enough for decent springs that you can save up and get the Ford parts. Arnott also has had problems with quality control. They've had some springs fail from bad clamping via the aluminum bands. The ones I had used held for a few years.

Members online

No members online now.
Back