Squeeky Brakes

LS2000

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I just put new brake pads on my LS last weekend. The old pads werent completely warn, but I could not get rid of the squeek. I tried everything (that I could think of anyway). So I bought some ceramic pads because they are supposed to be quieter, but I got the same result THEY STILL SQUEEK and its driving me crazy! I put some brake lube on all of the contacts last night and lightly sanded the rotor, but it still squeeks. Does anybody know any tricks to get rid of this annoying noise?

Thanks,
KJ

:bsflag:
:monkey:

Did you use spray brake cleaner on rotors to make sure that no oils or dirt was left on it? Did you get the rotors turned? There are alot of treads on brakes on this forum, you might want to check some of them out too.

PS, are you in Colorado?

Yeah, my brakes also squeal despite having the pads just replaced.

Simple solution? Ignore it, or roll up the windows and put on some good music. :)

Bosch ceramic brakes!! No squeal at all. Ive switched through about 6 different pairs now on both of my LS's that Ive owned at these by far are the best for the money.

LS2000 said:
I just put new brake pads on my LS last weekend. The old pads werent completely warn, but I could not get rid of the squeek. I tried everything (that I could think of anyway). So I bought some ceramic pads because they are supposed to be quieter, but I got the same result THEY STILL SQUEEK and its driving me crazy! I put some brake lube on all of the contacts last night and lightly sanded the rotor, but it still squeeks. Does anybody know any tricks to get rid of this annoying noise?

Thanks,
KJ

:bsflag:
:monkey:
I believe there is a product that you can actually put onto your brake pads that will quiet them down. I just put new pads and rotors on mine about a month ago and they still squeel so when I get my car serviced tomorrow they are going to put this product on them (BG Stop Squeal........http://www.bgprod.com/products/brake.html). Does anyone else know anything about this product?

Members online

No members online now.
Back