Squeaky front end 03 ls v8

koop69

LVC Member
Reaction score
I noticed lately that my passenger side front end squeaks over bumps. I had the lower control arms replaced and stabillizer links to. could it be a bad bushing, or a spring? No clunking just a squeak/creak

please help - thank you

thanks, what is the mm for the 03 v8? I know the 02's are 14mm the reason being I saw some on ebay, but it says it fits 02-03 which are two different generations

You have the later and better 16 mm stud lower ball joint. No one offers just the ball joint yet. You still need to purchase the entire lower control arm. This is not all bad because you also get new bushings. These rarely get changed but will give some of that new car ride back!!

No, do some forum searching. You can purchase just the ball joint.

If the 16mm lower ball joint for the 2003-2006 Lincoln LS is available separate then post a link. It is NOT available without the entire lower control arm.

I have been waiting for a couple of years because somebody will eventually make them!!

I noticed lately that my passenger side front end squeaks over bumps. I had the lower control arms replaced and stabillizer links to. could it be a bad bushing, or a spring? No clunking just a squeak/creak

please help - thank you

Check your ball joints first and see if they are the problem. I had my ball joints changed out two years ago and now I have that problem. I took my car in to Firestone to get some breaks done a while ago and the technician notice the squeak as he drove the car around the parking lot. He said it's more than likely the shock mount plate has worn. I"m going to further investigate this further. It's about time for new shocks but thing is I want to replace the bushings in the suspension.

how do I know if I have the "later verson" of 2003-2006? If thats the case with the ball joints coming with the control arm I had the lower ones changed in august, they can't wear out that fast, can they? I don't race or drive her hard. You can hear the squeak when she drives streight as well.

i guess checking the production date on the side by the drivers door but that would just give you the date you would still need to now what is considered latter....

If you have a 2003 then you have the later large 16mm lower ball joint. ALL 2003 and up come with this upgrade.

If the 16mm lower ball joint for the 2003-2006 Lincoln LS is available separate then post a link. It is NOT available without the entire lower control arm.

I have been waiting for a couple of years because somebody will eventually make them!!

As stated in my previous post, do some searching. I'm not going to do the work for you. I can swear that I saw a post on the topic about 2 weeks after I replaced my entire control arm.

Members online

No members online now.
Back