Squeaking Driver Door 2004 TC

shagdrum

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Title says it all. The door squeaks when I open and close. Door latches fine. Just squeaks. Tried WD-40, which lessened the squeak for a bit. But it returned. Any more permanent solution? Replace the pin in the hinge (if so, how?)? Replace the hinge all together?

Want to ask you if the door sags or drops a little when you open it? If it does you need new pins and bushings, possibly door hinges (the hinges would need to be painted to match the car. Keep in mind)

Might just have to use some white lithium grease on the hinges currently. See if the squeak clears up or not.

Tasca Ford Parts sells hinges did a quick search: Factory Direct OEM Ford, GM, Mazda, Mopar, Nissan and Volvo Parts & Accessories Online | TascaParts.com

Door hinge pin kit from adavanced auto: Advance Auto Parts - Down for Maintenance

Want to ask you if the door sags or drops a little when you open it? If it does you need new pins and bushings, possibly door hinges (the hinges would need to be painted to match the car. Keep in mind)

Might just have to use some white lithium grease on the hinges currently. See if the squeak clears up or not.

Tasca Ford Parts sells hinges did a quick search: Factory Direct OEM Ford, GM, Mazda, Mopar, Nissan and Volvo Parts & Accessories Online | TascaParts.com

Door hinge pin kit from adavanced auto: Advance Auto Parts - Down for Maintenance

Thanks. Door doesn't seem to sag or have any latching issues. Just an annoying squeak.

My drivers door rattled and squeezed. I used spray lithium grease. Hasn’t squeaked or rattled since. I even sprayed inside the latch assembly. Lithium grease sprays on a liquid then solidifies into a grease

Members online

Back