sport shifter abnormalities

Lincoln LS

1. smegun

smegun Well-Known LVC Member

so if i switch from 3rd to 2nd even at below normal or slow speed i get a long delay then excessive revolutions like it skips 2nd and drops right into 1st .... im thinking about changing the torque converter already cleaning the solonoid pack and valve body i think part of the torque converter may be blockn a solonoid or something is electrically wrong ...havent pulled any codes

i dont use the sport shifter but i probably would to downshift otherwise race around a bit or take glide momentum off getting into a tight turn

2. 04_Sport_LS

04_Sport_LS Dedicated LVC Member

What year is your LS?

3. smegun

smegun Well-Known LVC Member

2002 sport 3.9

4. 04_Sport_LS

04_Sport_LS Dedicated LVC Member

I'm not as familiar with the first generation... as I am with the 2nd generation... but you mught want to try adjusting your shifter cable underneath the car where it connects with the shifter linkage.

I really don't think there is an issue with the torque converter.

5. FDR

FDR Dedicated LVC Member

I don't think anything after D5 or D4 changes the cable. I know the +/- position on the Sport trim is just 2 switches under the bezel. I don't know how exactly the base 3/2/1 shifter is setup, but I do know it utilizes the same type of switches so that you can swap between types and flash the pcm to make it work correctly. I assume it disengages the cable in the shifter when you move it over the the right or something