Sport package?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lincoln00

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm new here looking to buy a 2000 lincoln ls v8. the dealer that has it doesnt say much about it, was wondering if it doesnt have the chrome on the bumper does that mean its a sport package.... its white with black interior with wood grain? How can you tell if it is a sport package???

Nitrous here i come!

Sports dont have the chrome like you said.

Mine is for sale, it's a 01 V6. I am in Long Beach ca.

DSC04839.jpg

DSC04835.jpg

DSC04819.jpg

just got my 2000 LS with 64000 miles for 7k... I'm now looking for the lower grille insert... mine is missing, it right next to the passenger side fog light..... where ca i get one of these

bigger sway bar(s) (which adds some weight), stiffer shocks. lack of chrome. i think thats about it. It provides a medium handling improvement. Lowering springs will be a large improvement by comparison. Having both would be the best.

what do you get from the sport package? just no chrome?

Having the chrome trim on the bumpers doesn't mean that it has the sport package or not because I have a 2000 LS and have the chrome trim on the bumpers and I have the sports package also. Best way to find out about all the options your LS has is to do a carfax and it will show you the orginal window sticker on your car.

Having the chrome trim on the bumpers doesn't mean that it has the sport package or not because I have a 2000 LS and have the chrome trim on the bumpers and I have the sports package also. Best way to find out about all the options your LS has is to do a carfax and it will show you the orginal window sticker on your car.

You have the LS Premium then

You have the LS Premium then

All the sport package adds is 17 inch rims and stiffer suspension which includes the bigger sway bars. The chrome trim is just another option like a spoiler or advanctrac traction control rather than the regular traction control

The sport does not have the chrome, 17's and a better suspension package.

I'm sure there is more but it does not have chrome.

All the sport package adds is 17 inch rims and stiffer suspension which includes the bigger sway bars. The chrome trim is just another option like a spoiler or advanctrac traction control rather than the regular traction control

Do you have the woodgrain steering wheel and shifter knob also? This is the first time I have heard about Sports with chrome bumpers. Are you the original owner because the only possibility I can think of is someone changed both bumpers to the chrome.

Do a search and ask around some more the sports dont have chrome.

Even on Team Fords site they sinlge the two bumpers packages out as w/o sport ( chrome) or sport ( w/o chrome ).

The sport also has beter shocks.

There are spring numbers on the door sticker, but I don't know what numbers correspond to sport/non-sport!

The sport also has an oil cooler. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Do you have the woodgrain steering wheel and shifter knob also? This is the first time I have heard about Sports with chrome bumpers. Are you the original owner because the only possibility I can think of is someone changed both bumpers to the chrome.

Yes my LS has the woodgrain shifter and on the steering wheel. I am positive that my has the sport package because I have my orginal window sticker and all the sport adds is 17 inch wheels and a different suspension and that is it. My LS has every option that they offer on a LS in 2000. I have yet to see another one, in person, that had all the options like mine does. The most common things people are either missing is the spoiler, moonroof, and advanctrac traction control system rather than the regular traction control. Those three options alone are almost $3000.

The sport does not have the chrome, 17's and a better suspension package.

I'm sure there is more but it does not have chrome.

Once again dude you are wrong.....Not all sports have no chrome on the bumpers. The ONLY thing that the sport package changes is the rims to 17 inches and the better suspension package like you said but not all of them are without the chrome trim. Sorry go ask you dealership and they will tell you. The chrome trim is just another option.

Yes my LS has the woodgrain shifter and on the steering wheel. I am positive that my has the sport package because I have my orginal window sticker and all the sport adds is 17 inch wheels and a different suspension and that is it. My LS has every option that they offer on a LS in 2000. I have yet to see another one, in person, that had all the options like mine does. The most common things people are either missing is the spoiler, moonroof, and advanctrac traction control system rather than the regular traction control. Those three options alone are almost $3000.

yes- my 02 V8 has the woodgrain shifter and wheel, 17" chrome wheels, chromed bumbers, special texture leather seats with lincoln logo, advancetrac, moonroof, alpine stereo w/out changer and has the 1.25" sway bar which is sport.
no spoiler though which I'm fine with

I personally never liked the gen 1 spoiler. Looks like it belongs on an Accord or something.

Not all sports have no chrome on the bumpers.

Maybe so, but be careful ordering any side markers then. Your "sport" with the chrome on the bumper won't match up with the "sport" side markers.

What were all available trim options for the gen 1?

Base/Sport/LSE... Was the "premium" trim level the sport trim PLUS some chrome and woodgrain from the lower "base" model?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Back