Speeding teen in LS clocked at 150 mph w 5 people in car.

Sport LSs don't have a speed limiter. Depending on tire diameter, 160+ should be very doable.
KS

Fastest Ive ever driven my Mark is 130, that was intense. 150 through some nowhere town, sounds like my kind of night. Hope the kid gets his license back soon!

i got up to 120 late night on I-81 and it was still pulling with ease - came back off thought because i could not afford that kind of speeding ticket

Sport LSs don't have a speed limiter. Depending on tire diameter, 160+ should be very doable.
KS

The Pre-03 LS without sport package was limited to 133mph.
The Pre-03 LS with sport package is unlimited.
All 03+ are limited to 133mph.

The Pre-03 LS without sport package was limited to 133mph.
The Pre-03 LS with sport package is unlimited.
All 03+ are limited to 133mph.

my speedometer read 120 when mine cut out (before xcal)
pretty sure its not a sport.

Yep. I bounced into the speed limiter in my stock 04 v6 at 133mph. I really dont care to go any faster in it either.

Really, 120? I've hit 130 in V6, stock.

yeah, it wasnt a power issue, just computer (fuel/spark) limited. When it came back on at 115 it set you back in the seat pretty well. Thats certainly fast enough for my area (new england). It would be nice to take it to a track and open it up all the way and not have to worry about tickets, or poorly designed roads, other cars.

lol sorry guys i got a little heavy on the gas on the way to wasaga for some girls

what you guys are missing on here is that power adders wont change the top speed.... just how fast and the ease of which you get there. You have to change the gearing to adjust speed..... wheel size counts for this equation

lol sorry guys i got a little heavy on the gas on the way to wasaga for some girls

Awesome to know!!! I have the sport but Ive never gone that fast in it.

I wasnt joking when I said I'm coming to Ontario in about two weeks..... I'll be in Orangville (just north of toronto) soon.... PM me if you wanna get together do kind of a mini meet or photoshoot

what you guys are missing on here is that power adders wont change the top speed.... just how fast and the ease of which you get there. You have to change the gearing to adjust speed..... wheel size counts for this equation

well, its a power vs drag thing. i wouldnt go over a 15 second shot of nitrous, but you would notice a top speed increase if you topped out, then turned it on. With a 100 shot (or +100hp in general) you could expect 151-155 instead of 140 (gen1).

the rest of your statement regarding gearing is correct.

That would be true were you red-lining in top gear. But because these cars are limited not by gearing/rpm but by drag... more power/power adders will change the top speed until you reach the point where you are tached out in 5th gear (pistons departing the engine not being a factor).

lowering springs make quite a difference too. Tire pressure... the list goes on.

From what i understand, correct if I am wrong, the limit was for the tires, and nothing else...true?
Put on a set of Z rated tires, get the Xcal3 and erase the limiter, then see how fast you can go.
If the car has no limiter, and it wont pull red line in top gear, then more power will make you go faster, because then it is able to overcome the drag of air, and tires...simple physics.
If you pull red line in top gear, and are like me, and you WILL NOT go over redline, then more power will only get you there faster, not a higher top speed. This is what I am after, as my car lives between 0, and 100...I will rarely have an opportunity to go faster than that...and dont anyway, because of what happens to your license, and insurance, when you get caught...:D

Had mine to 120 and the limiter cut me off. It still had plenty of room too rolling ~4500 rpm in 4th gear.

In his defense, the kids in the back were probably eggin him on to go faster. But they werent pushing the pedal so its his own dumb@$$ fault he got busted. Everybody nows that the collective IQ of teenagers in a car cuts in half for each extra person in the car. So for him to be going 150 mph the IQ of everyone in the car (combined) must have been about 10... 12 max. :p

From what i understand, correct if I am wrong, the limit was for the tires, and nothing else...true?
Put on a set of Z rated tires, get the Xcal3 and erase the limiter, then see how fast you can go.
If the car has no limiter, and it wont pull red line in top gear, then more power will make you go faster, because then it is able to overcome the drag of air, and tires...simple physics.
If you pull red line in top gear, and are like me, and you WILL NOT go over redline, then more power will only get you there faster, not a higher top speed. This is what I am after, as my car lives between 0, and 100...I will rarely have an opportunity to go faster than that...and dont anyway, because of what happens to your license, and insurance, when you get caught...:D

Correct about the OEM tires and factory set speed limiter.

You can take the speed limiter off but don't forget the RPM limiter.

Quick LS talked about hitting 150 + and mention the LS needed some air affects panels added to the body, the LS was a bit squirmy. IIRC

In Ontario you don't have to be racing anybody to be charged.
In typical law enforcement fashion racing has orwellianly been redefined as exceeding the speed limit by 50 km/h or more.
The law is pretty drastic and capricious as there aren't as many cops on the roads in Canada(Yay!) and everybody's doing 80-90 mph on the big highways anyways.

Talk about trampling over the will of the people who are demonstrating at what speed they're comfortable at.

ive driven all over vermont and ny even some of mass. and i have to tell you over here (southern ont) there are porkers everywhere, most towns have their own pd and then theres opp equivelent of state troopers,
I work at a dealership about 45 mins away from where buddy got caught, on tuesday morning half the techs and ALL the salesmen asked me if they impounded my car
(black 04 lse)

The one thing you're all forgetting in this equation is being able to STOP the car from 130+ These are good cars no doubt, but they lack a bit in the braking department...

Members online

No members online now.
Back