speed detection circuit lead '01 LS

bdenton

New LVC Member
Reaction score
i installed the pioneer avic-n1 unit but i dont know what to look for and where to connect the speed signal wire. any help would be great. thanks

DirecTech doesnt have a listing for 00-02, but it is listed for 03-04. white/black in the 20 pin plug, pin 9 in the drivers kick. On the 01 the computer in the drivers kick is the FEM (front electronic module) I know there were significant changes in 03, but it would still be worth a try. If you dont have any luck with that, then you can test for the wire yourself. Use a computer safe test light (LED test light) to find the wire while moving the car in the garage (its better to have someone else move the car while you test) the wire will read a negative pulse with pulse speed varying with vehicle speed. Some places to look would be a harness coming from the trans, or the harness going to the cluster. On some vehicles I have even found it at the diagnostic plug.

If you find it let me know, because I plan to do a 915 with navi this spring sometime in my 01.

Members online

No members online now.
Back