Speakers

sancho20

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
What brands of 6x9 will fit good in rear deck,ive heard some people say some 6x9's dont fit in there.I was leaning towards infinity kappas ,or polk audio but anybody have any other suggestions??

the rear deck has lo only, you wont be able to hear any highs coming from them unless you run wire from your doors or some other source. and 6x9 should fit. Kappas also sound really good.

The holes might be a little off so you might have to drill new holes. I have Infinity Kappas 6x8 in my doors and love the hell out of them. The only thing is if you do decide to put speakers in your rear deck, you are going to have to top mount them. The reason is because there is a layer of foam between deck cover and deck itself. You wouldn't be able to hear the sound. This was covered in another thread recently also. The sound will be muffled. I know a lot of people want to bottom mount them because they don't want to take a way from the factory appearance of the car. Unless your car has the sub system or already speakers mounted there, that's the best way. Unless you want to fabricate your rear deck so that sound can pass through some way.

I have 6x9 kappa's in the deck. I switched out everything , I also put jl tweeters on my door post. My system sound really good and has a ton of bass with out filling up my trunk. I also put in a jl audio amp

Yea i already have the speakers in there,And im switching out the whole system ,I just remember reading that some brands of speakers that are 6x9's didnt fit in there very well.So the kappas fit fine without any modifacations? thanks

go with rockford fosgates or like db drive those are pretty nice my old car had kenwood execelon all the way round and those are nice but can be pricey

I was actually looking at the db drives ,there is a place around me that carries them and they are running a special on them right now on all sizes...

yeah my ex had a full db setup they are for sure nice if they are a good price i'd get em if i were you

i would stay away from polk im running some older polks in my house they are awesome but polks home audio used to be tops but their car audio is lacking and not a fan of infinity kinda sub par to me

Yea ive pretty much only ever used infinity so i really dont have anything to compare them to,but the db drives are 59.00 for the 6x9's and 45.00 for the 5x7's so i could get everything for around $150 and i already have amps and a sub. All i need now is a head unit..

mmm kenwood execelon is the way to go for head units they are they only thing i will ever own and get the db drives thats a good price do suggest a nice 4-channel amp to go with em it will increase the sound quality quite a bit and you wont be under powering the speakers

Yea i have 2 diamond audio amps and to of the older eclipse aluminum subs , the subs are beasts man they weigh about 35-40 lbs each. I always liked clarion so i was kinda leaning towards a double din with nav..

Members online

No members online now.
Back