speaker what fits

gijoe

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I am upgrading my speakers to infinity kappa series. Does anyone know if the 6x9's will fit with no or little mods. I know that the 6x8's is what they call for but I'll trying to go with a 3 way not a 2 way. So my next question is if there is any better speaker out there for about the same $. Thanks for all your help in advance.

gijoe said:
I am upgrading my speakers to infinity kappa series. Does anyone know if the 6x9's will fit with no or little mods. I know that the 6x8's is what they call for but I'll trying to go with a 3 way not a 2 way. So my next question is if there is any better speaker out there for about the same $. Thanks for all your help in advance.

The stock speaker is a 5X7. I have 6 1/2" rounds in the front doors, but did need an adapter.

I think they actuall call the stock speakers 6x8 (FORDS!!!) I have 6.5 with no adapter plate...(I m getting some though to make it clear sounding) They are cheap 20.00 at most....

I got a set of infinity reference component set....they are nice a clean and they are like 160.00 or so....I got them cheaper(lucky day...)They have a crossover and 6.5 and a tweeter.....

Are You Serious?

Cruznlife1 said:
5x7 and 6x8 is the exact same size speaker

No no no.. They may fit the same opening, but only because the 5x7 has an adapter plate usually sold with it. But speakers are manufactured in both.

Members online

No members online now.
Back