Speaker Question

2004LincolnLSV8

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the size of the interior speakers by the shifter...i know the doors are 6x8, but i cant find the size of the other pair. I have a 04 LS Sport.

And anyone using a 6.5" speaker adapter on their LS?

Thanks

i have infinity kappa 3-1/2's there, custom mounted. 2 ohm voice coil, 35watts RMS.

Does anyone know the size of the interior speakers by the shifter...i know the doors are 6x8, but i cant find the size of the other pair. I have a 04 LS Sport.

And anyone using a 6.5" speaker adapter on their LS?

Thanks

I have 7" midbass in my front doors. I think even 8" could fit up front. The only thing you need to look out for is depth of the speaker. I don't have the exact measurement, but the speakers I have allow for the window to go all the way down without interference. The magnet is about 1/16 of an inch from the glass :).

If I get to my car this weekend like I want I will take pictures. I made a 1/2 mdf wood baffle that is secured to oem plastic housing. Just need to make sure the basket fits. You will also need to cut the door panel a little. Behind the mesh grill, there is plastic that goes over the stock speaker.

So the speaker size is 3.5???

there's no speaker made to fit the center console area, but a 3.5 will fit with a little custom work. They are a 2-way speaker.
i have 2-way kappa 5x7/6x8s in all my doors. In the rear deck, I used an adaptor and installed a pair of 5-1/4's so that the rear occupants were not killed with bass (single 10" dual voice coil dual magnet JBL).

Members online

No members online now.
Back