Source for rear sport shocks?

rudy3285

LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a source for rear sport shocks for a 2002 LSE?

I have searched everywhere for
2X Rear Shock Absorbers // 18125 (AT-704-G)
'00-'02 V8 Rear "Special" (Sport) Shocks: ASH24468 or BU2Z-18V125-U or XW4Z-18125-BA or AT704G
1W43-18080-BA AT704G Shock Absorber REAR COLOR CODE PURPLE - w/PERF SUSP

(source: http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?95319-Coil-over-shock-issues)

I even called my local dealer and was told that everything has been discontinued.

Are there any sources of shocks that aren't garbage?

Edited to add:
I ordered sport front shocks from rockauto ASH24464 (green). If there are Euro rear shocks out there, would it be OK to have sport front and euro rear?

If I can't find euro rear shocks (which is probable), which of the aftermarket rear shocks are the best: KYB, Monroe or Sachs?

As much as I'd like the stance coilovers, I can't justify the $1,100 price tag for a car that I generally only drive in the winter.

I ordered the "2005-2006" "standard suspension" rear shocks (p/n: W0133-1772062) from amazon for $103/ea. I'm pretty sure that all years of shocks will fit all years of LS's. If not, I'll just return them I guess.

I know that the car will handle a little funny with sport shocks up front and standards in rear, but I want good quality shocks, not KYB or Monroe. I'm not sure about the Sachs shocks as there isn't much info regarding them on the site.

I'll be replacing almost my entire rear suspension when all the parts come in as all the bushings are shot (mostly original at 108K miles): rear upper and lower control arms, both sway bar links, one toe-link, and shocks. My front suspension has a clunk, too, but I'm not sure what it is (the ball joints seem fine)--I'm starting by replacing the sway bar bushings, both front sway bar links, and shocks.

My front suspension has a clunk, too, but I'm not sure what it is (the ball joints seem fine)--I'm starting by replacing the sway bar bushings, both front sway bar links, and shocks.

Sway bar bushings and upper ball joints (requires new upper control arms) are the usual culprits

Thanks for the help everyone, it is much appreciated.

I have another question, and it might be a bit silly, but how important is it to replace suspension fasteners when replacing suspension components? For example, in the workshop manual that I have, it says to discard most of the nuts and bolts that connect the control arms to the knuckle and to the chassis, etc. I didn't have part numbers for these nuts and bolts, so I went to my local dealer, and for everything that I need (minus the bolts to attach the rear shocks to the lower control arms, which are discontinued) the total was $190.34!

I'll certainly look online now that I have the part numbers, but is there any danger in reusing the suspension fasteners? I assume they have some sort of threadlocker from the factory, which I could clean up the old bolts and apply some red or blue loctite... I would appreciate any thoughts on the matter. Thanks.

The nuts that have the teflon lock rings built into the nut are one time use only. You can use loctite but i wouldnt. Its best to replace them all.

Members online

Back