Sound System

cougar214

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi all.I was wondering if i could add an after market amp and sub woofer to my 99 conti without changing anything in the car.I like the factory radio and cd changer.I just basicly want to change the amp and woofer in the trunk.

IMG_3852.JPG

ummm....ok....how about i just change the sub?.....those 6x9's are sooooo anoying.they dont have enough thump.

are you talking about mid range bass or actual bass from the subs? just get a set of 12's and you should be good!

ok i did it simple i put a converter in my trunk and ran the positive and negative from each 6x9 into the left and right converter that has also male out puts on it with level controls and then ran my own power cable from the battery to the back with a remote that i then linked off the factory amp.. total cost was 60 bucks for the amp kit and converter. i also ran 2 rca jacks from the front to the rear so when i change my factory stereo i am already set to go... so i have it running on a memphis 250d on 1 JLW3V2D4.. all running from the fatory alpine setup..

I dont wanna sound dumb.....eeerrr.......but i am.....lol....can you gimme a link to the converter you used so i know what im looking for?there are many converters out there and i wanna make sure i get the right one...thank you for all your help guys.

Members online

Back