Sound System Price

mergner26

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to put in a whole new system not just subs but the everything. I want it to sound good rather then just be really loud or have a lot of bass. I'm wondering around how much u guys would think it would cost me to get it all done

depends on alot of things, brand, size, amp, head unit. can u install it yourself. music u listen to. answer these and itll give us a better idea. also what year and system do u have now in ur car.

the brand of everything and what i want is all uknown right now so i'm not expecting a real good estimate. I would have to get someone to install it cause i'm not good with this type of stuff and although my friends THINK they are, they really don't know what they're doing. I listen to mostly rap, but will throw a little of everything in there. And again, it wouldn't be some loud system that'll shake every car aound it, but something better then the rattling and weak system i have going on now.

i have a 2001 with the 6 disk cd changer in the trunk which i never knew they put there

mergner26 said:
the brand of everything and what i want is all uknown right now so i'm not expecting a real good estimate. I would have to get someone to install it cause i'm not good with this type of stuff and although my friends THINK they are, they really don't know what they're doing. I listen to mostly rap, but will throw a little of everything in there. And again, it wouldn't be some loud system that'll shake every car aound it, but something better then the rattling and weak system i have going on now.

i have a 2001 with the 6 disk cd changer in the trunk which i never knew they put there

i would say about $1500 for a decent sound system no real big brand names....that would iclude new HU, subs, amp,s new speakers, and install

joshluvsla said:
i would say about $1500 for a decent sound system no real big brand names....that would iclude new HU, subs, amp,s new speakers, and install

yeah, that's what i was figuring around. I need a new system bad though, this stock one sounds horrible right now.

If you wanna go cheap you can just upgrade the speakers, it makes a huge difference in sound.

If you do not care about brand you can do some bargain shopping online and get some good lesser known brands at a decent price. I'd say for a decent HU, around $150, speakers for around $100/pair. If you don't want huge bass I would go with a single sub, around $150, about the same for a box from most shops, then 1 or 2 amps, figure around $300.

Now, you can easily do it for less than that or much more. I got a Pioneer Premier HU that did mp3's and what not for 150 or so. I have bought decent speakers for the prices listed above. I have also spent $250 on a pair of speakers. The system I'm putting together is around $2500 so far and I haven't got my subs or box yet.

What I like to do is check prices on sites like ikesound.com thezeb.com woofersetc.com and then price match them to more known sites like sounddomain.com to make sure you are getting an authorized product.

ah... no all u guys are a bit off..

If u have 1000 bukcks you can get everything u need..

RE SE 15
JBL BP 600.1
RE components
Orion 4 channel amp
alpine 7694 HU.
2 cubic ft sealed enclosure.

Also, Don't worry about making sure it's all the same brand. Everybody does this at some point, usually the first time through and it ends up not sounding all that well, unless you pick a high end company. I did it with MTX and it sucked, my friends have done it with RF or Audiobahn and both systems were not that good. In fact, I'm not a fan of those 3 brands at all anymore....

kudisbetta said:

RE SE 15
JBL BP 600.1
RE components
Orion 4 channel amp
alpine 7694 HU.
That system would sound pretty nice. I'm a fan of RE, JBL amps are usually pretty solid, and Orion puts out some good products.

kudisbetta said:

RE SE 15
JBL BP 600.1
RE components
Orion 4 channel amp
alpine 7694 HU.

what about install.... amp kit, install, cables ect... thats an easy $300

Why dont you tell us what is in the car now. The audiophile sytem in my 2004 (6 disc in dash 12 speakers) would cost far more than $1000.If you really want to upgrade, and I dont know what you have now, I would bank on $2k to $3k. The stock 12 speaker setup is one of the nicest stock systems I have seen and heard.

joshluvsla said:
what about install.... amp kit, install, cables ect... thats an easy $300
Best Buy usually does free install on the products you buy there.

all i'm looking for is something simple that sounds good...if i had the audiophile sytem i probably wouldn't even be thinking about it but i have the 4 speaker with the cd changer in the trunk...also, i have an apointment to get my windows tinted and my check engine light came on so i'm not going to have the money to get a really good system at this point.

KD00LS said:
Best Buy usually does free install on the products you buy there.

how is the work they do there? I'm asking only cause i have had a few people tell me not to go there

yeah if you want a custom install you have to go elswhere... they might install your radio for free but not all of the other components... likewise amp kits need to be bought.. they are not free.. for a 4 guage amp kit will run like $80-100 bucks..... and some of those items that were listed up there are not available at a bestbuy... i might be wrong..

It seems to me that pretty much any head unit installation in the LS is going to have to be a custom install to wind up with something that matches the quality of the rest of the interior. Well, unless your car has been ridden hard and put up wet and has a trashed interior... ;)

I don't have anything against the guys at Best Buy or Circuit City, but if I'm having it done, I'm going to have it done by guys at a stereo shop, the kind who do this for a living.

First off, you may get a deal on installs at BB or CC but you are paying too much for the products there. Honestly, they usually charge near retail, I can almost always find products at 50% off retail online, unless I'm shopping at higher end brands like CDT, RE, Elemental Designs, Rainbow... And installs at those shops usually are not that good unless you get lucky and have a good tech. Also, I don't like most of the brands you are going to find at places like that.

Amp kits aren't that bad, just shop here. No way should you spend $80-100 for an amp kit. Even the ones that are "high quality, better sound, whatever else" a human ear cannot tell the difference.

http://www.knukonceptz.com/index.cfm

i know i could save a ton of money buying everything offline, but i have no idea what i really need and what's good or not...plus i'd have to go bring it to someone to install it anyway

I would find a car audio forum and ask there. You can get some info off a site like this but a place like sounddomain.com could provide much more info on what you may want/need.

And you can get some info from car audio shops as well, just remember they are trying to sell their products, so they have the best and everybody else's suck.

Members online

Back