sound deadener brands

pektel

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Is there a big difference between brands? Second Skin Fat Mat, Dynamat, etc? I need to apply material to the entire trunk, and wondering if dynamat extreme is the best choice, or if I can get away with something cheaper.

Thoughts/suggestions appreciated!

TIA.

the cheapest solution is peel n' seal. many think it doesnt stand up with the best but i beg to differ. i've never had a prob in the 3 cars i've put it in. just dont do the d'mat route unless you want to waste your money. Their are many deadners that are half the price that perform just aswell.

Where does one find peel and seal? I may as well give it a shot.

Brandon, I don't know if I want to use a liquid type product, only because I'll be doing this during the winter, and imagine it would need to be at a certain temp to cure properly, and the only heat in my garage is via a torpedo heater.

The gun they show for 60.00 is just an undercoating gun that can be found without the container at Auto Zone for less than 20.00

One layer on the trunk lid so far. still need to do the rest. The trunk lid took about 1/2 roll. At $14 per roll, I can double layer everything back there, and come out way ahead pricewise. Also, I believe I will need to double-layer to gain the effect of a single layer of dynamat extreme. peel and seal does not have as much of the asphalt material as the dynamat.

I have used Fat Mat and Dynamat on my cars. Fat Mat is cheaper on Ebay and it seems to do a decent job. And it was just as thick as the Dynamat I had (bought that right before Cicuit City went under). As far as applying it, it does stick better when it is warm. However it certainly can be done in the winter especially in a garage.

Members online

No members online now.
Back