Son-Of-A-BEEP!

Beamer

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So I find out that the auto store I purchased some things at charged for the same price for two different wipers(Teflon Blades) and of course it was the more expensive 24" so I had to go back up there to get some money back and on the way out I heard a weird noise from the rear tire. It sounded like tape or something on it so I figured "ok, just get out and take it off." Well as my luck has it and your probably already guessed it was a freakin' screw in my drivers side rear. I about flipped but I listened for leaking air and it did not so I babied it the 3 miles home or so.

It would figure, I am waiting on a refund so I can get new tires and it just has to be one of the two in good condition still(both rears are good).

Thought today was going to be a nice one, guess not. Gonna see if I can get it plugged cause I do not have the money for even one tire at the moment.

Oh and to make it even better. Many remember me trading the LS briefly and than having to give it back do to the dealer being total liars last month; well while having the other car I had already went and did all the crap you do to cancel the extended warranty and guess what that warranty covered? Yep, tire replacement.

Well if it is not too close to the shoulder you should be able to get it plugged.
I had that with a brand new set of michelins on one of my old stangs.

that plug went 55,000 miles

good luck

Its almost in the middle of the tire. I am checking around where I drive around the house for anything because this happened to my mom and her brand new tire on her t-bird and I think it could of been from around the house but now that i think about it, I noticed it when leaving the store so I probably got it from driving down the back entrance/exit. Go figure it would come from trying to avoid HWY traffic.

Don't I know it. I tell myself its gonna get better but it seems like I am destined for :q:q:q:qtyness

I feel your pain. A few years ago I had a new set of Toyo Proxy 4's (about $250 a pice) put on my 96 T-Bird that night going down I-27 I get a nail in the side wall. Well after some yelling some screaming and another $250 deduction from my bank account I get another put on. Two days latter I'm pulling out of BJ's and hit a pothole I get out to check the car and the same god dam tire had a nice gash on the side wall where the edge of the pot hole cut into it. Worst part about it because of the brake upgrade I had the spare would not fit over the front brakes so I had to rotate the back tire to the front a but the spare on the back NOT FUN.

Good news

So I go out to check it w/ my dad cause he had some plugs and we pull out the nail and it was a sort one. We listened and than got some soap and water and its not hissing or leaking at all. I am now alittle pissed off though cause I could of pulled it out when I first noticed it and it would of been nothing at all, so the drive home is what really pushed it in there. I was just afraid it was through already and since it was not leaking I would of rather gotten home instead of having to pull out the spare right there.

I am going to watch it close from now on and really take it easy because who knows have far its from being a whole. Good part is it was inserted in the tread and not the deeper part of the tire.

Members online

No members online now.
Back