Something new for 00-02 lower grill

G-RELL

FULLY DIPPED LS
Reaction score
hey guys, i'm still a newby here, but wanted to see what you guys thought. I havent seen anyone do this yet so i'm not sure if this is new idea or not...

masked, sanded, primed and painted in a custom paint booth aka my dusty a** garage.

UCF_0007.jpg

UCF_0090.jpg

S4010084.jpg

S4010086.jpg

S4010088.jpg

S4010089.jpg

Looks really good, espically on a lighter colored LS like yours. I have been thinking about doing the same thing to match my black mclaren grill. Im pretty handy with paint and all but could you give a little more detail on your painting process of that or PM me

yeah Pektel (Pete) did this on his car but still it doesn't take away from yours. it looks great painted that color. looks really nice on light colored cars.

That looks great. I had considered doing that also, in the mean time I used black duct tape to cover the verital bars and make the grill look like it only has the horizontal bars. Look at the LA meet fron June and you will see how it looks.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=43053

i like it, good work. I was planning on getting the LSE grill so i wasn't sure if this will still look good or not...???

Looks really good, espically on a lighter colored LS like yours. I have been thinking about doing the same thing to match my black mclaren grill. Im pretty handy with paint and all but could you give a little more detail on your painting process of that or PM me

I cant say that i'm any kind of expert at this, but i think it turned out pretty good. i'll PM you with the details.

Yep, I did the same thing. Except I kept the 2 vertical bars next to the fog lights the body color in order to frame them in. Also, I didn't really need to prep all that much. I just taped it off, roughed it up with a scotch brite pad, wiped with a tack cloth to remove the dust, and used a can of flat black bumper paint.

P5180677.jpg

progress.jpg

G-RELL, I cant tell,.. maybe its the lighting but have you only painted the vertical pieces or did you do the entire thing?

I was thinking maybe he used gloss black paint. I used flat black to match the center of the mclaren grille.

G-RELL, I cant tell,.. maybe its the lighting but have you only painted the vertical pieces or did you do the entire thing?

i painted the entire thing, including the end vertical pieces, unlike yours pektel. I used a semi-gloss paint. it is a little to shiny so i will probably redo it with a trim or flat paint. (whichever matches the upper grill). this pic shows it a tad better. I'll try to get one a little closer tonight

S4010087.jpg

Ok,.. it looks good. I wonder how it would look if it was completely cut out and then cleaned up to look stock afterwords.

Ok,.. it looks good. I wonder how it would look if it was completely cut out and then cleaned up to look stock afterwords.

i would be up to trying it, but do you think it might look to ricey, having it look like big mouth body kit opening. i've havent seen that done yet. but if someone were to do it, it would probably look better on a lse body (or newer LS)...

thoughts???

I'm wondering how it would look on my White LS.. maybe just the vertical lines like pektel

Members online

No members online now.
Back