something in the rear fuse box that turns on with the car on.

tom-ls

LVC Member
Reaction score
anyone know of something in the rear fuse box that turns on when the car turns on, im just going to use my stock head unit with a line output converter and would much rather have the amp turn on and off on its own rather then use a switch and crap. :shifty:

Buy a line output converter with a remote turn on lead.

anyone know of something in the rear fuse box that turns on when the car turns on, im just going to use my stock head unit with a line output converter and would much rather have the amp turn on and off on its own rather then use a switch and crap. :shifty:

Use this: p/n 55000B from Directed Electronics, Inc. in Vista, Ca. IIRC, it was ~$15: and wire it to one of the speaker wires. Has worked flawlessly for the last 10 years.

DIRECTED-55000-REMOTE-POWER-ADAPTOR.jpg

There are relays in the trunk that turn on with the key, however they also turn on when you open a door or do just about anything else. They turn off about twenty minutes after you leave the car.

The stock headunits provide an amp on/off signal, but it is only 6 volts. Some amps will work with that, others won't. If you have factory subs, that signal will already be in the trunk.

i was planning on getting a e2 branded one at cdn tire if they had any, maybe ill take a look at visions too or something. but does anyone know the colors of the front 2 speakers i forget :p

Some amps have an auto turn on with the high level input signal, so a LOC or separate remote signal are not required. That's the route I plan to go, didn't know my amp had this feature until I checked the manual.

LOC will still give you a better cleaner sound as they are adjustable and can give you a higher voltage. Also an LOC makes it easier to switch out amps.

not necessarily a bad thing, dont have to worry about a big amp draining the battery too far from listening while the motor is off. figured the OP could at least get the question he asked answered.

ok so i ended up getting a e2 branded one for like $20 locally in canada which, is a schosche or w.e just rebranded for canadian tire. since my remote was up front already i put the remote to the radio accessory wire, and all is good, now i have my steering wheel controls back yay.

Members online

No members online now.
Back