solenoid pack part number

chocolat1701

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
2004 Lincoln ls v8, i got the "e" check transmission yesterday and its time for a solenoid pack replacement and oil flush. simptoms are when going to R it jumps and when on D5 the gear 2 to 3 shifts hard. when i use SST i can control it better but still harsh. all the gears seems to work so i thnk the tranny is good. also other than the solenoid pack what else should i get so i can have my mechanic do the job right. so far i know i need the solenoid pack and filter should i also get a new pan gasket since the pan needs to be dropped or what.

thanks for the link. so according to this i need a solenoid pack and a valve body and a filter for oil change and i can reuse the gasket for the pan.

I wouldnt buy the solenoid from 800700trans.com. They sold me a bad one and wouldnt refund my $ because they have an exchange only policy that isnt listed on their site. I called them and the guy said "looks like youre screwed then". I will never deal with those clowns again. I bought one from the dealer.

hmmm...so I guess the jump into reverse could be symptom? Once in a blue it'll feel like a misfire, but I've noticed it's the tranny shifting, just doesn't do it all the time though.

Trying to find a fix...any info given I'll take

hmmm...so I guess the jump into reverse could be symptom? Once in a blue it'll feel like a misfire, but I've noticed it's the tranny shifting, just doesn't do it all the time though.

Trying to find a fix...any info given I'll take

not sure what you mean in your first sentence but yes, its a "symptom". If yours in not doing it every time (to some degree) then its prob not your solenoid pack.. but then a misfire (that you can feel) would happen during all acceleration...

Sorry, let me be more clear. When going from park to reverse or when shifting to drive, it jumps a bit like if it slams into gear. I've felt it on other ford (older) vehicle, but after reading this I'm trying to pinpoint possible problems. It doesn't do it all the time, just city driving on few occasions. When really warmed it doesn't do it all. Even took a 150 mile trip yesterday & the car ran awesome after doing some simple maintenance. I don't believe the previous owner ever had the tranny flushed & it's something I'm looking on getting done this week.

Sorry, let me be more clear. When going from park to reverse or when shifting to drive, it jumps a bit like if it slams into gear. I've felt it on other ford (older) vehicle, but after reading this I'm trying to pinpoint possible problems. It doesn't do it all the time, just city driving on few occasions. When really warmed it doesn't do it all. Even took a 150 mile trip yesterday & the car ran awesome after doing some simple maintenance. I don't believe the previous owner ever had the tranny flushed & it's something I'm looking on getting done this week.

Classic symptom of a failing solenoid block in the transmission. It's the symptom my 04 had that was cured by replacing the solenoid assembly.

Ok, guess I'll price out a solenoid. Is it something replaceable on our own or best bet to get a flush & have them replace it?

Ok, guess I'll price out a solenoid. Is it something replaceable on our own or best bet to get a flush & have them replace it?

That's up to you. It's a pain, but you can DIY.

if your going to do it (or have it done) make sure you replace the filter while your in there

if your going to do it (or have it done) make sure you replace the filter while your in there

And don't assume just because they're going in there they will do it for you. I learned that you have to tell them to do it at the dealer. @joegr assured me that technically they don't even have to replace all the fluid when replacing it.

It's a DIY job if you have the space and tools to do so.

I shared your symptoms as well. I noticed it parked in my tiny garage with the windows down, when I shifted into park or out of park it would clunk, and clunk loud enough to hear it above the radio in my garage. Definitely "noise" not a "sound".

yup thats a symtom. i was like that for a while and now i get the check transmission message. so do the solenoid pack and the filter. guys is the valve body a different part aswell or is the solenoid/valve body the same piece. i need part numbers so i can order at http://www.teamford.com/PartsOrderForm their parts have a really big discount but only if you order online. for example the degas bottle here is 120 instead of 179.

yup thats a symtom. i was like that for a while and now i get the check transmission message. so do the solenoid pack and the filter. guys is the valve body a different part aswell or is the solenoid/valve body the same piece. i need part numbers so i can order at http://www.teamford.com/PartsOrderForm their parts have a really big discount but only if you order online. for example the degas bottle here is 120 instead of 179.

Different part.

Members online

Back