So this is what I USED to drive...

Stack

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Here is a little run down for those who aren't in the know...

-6 yrs in the USAF
-Most of it was in Germany
-I have an Alfa Romeo sitting in Germany
-Trying to get it to the states is a B!TCH

Well I talked to my friend who is taking care of it. Having it imported through an RI would be redonkulous... No concurrent US model to take EPA info from. Would have to hit up Fiat in Italy and there are no sure things there. probably in the neighborhood of 10k to start the process and I may or may not have it in the states.

New plan:
Separate drivetrain from vehicle and ship as parts. Reassemble here and worry about it once its on American soil (little trick from the skyline crowd)

Here is a pic :)

18082008182.jpg

Damn, that's a sexy car. What's under the hood?

if I remember right and am correct on the fact that it looks like a GTV they were offered with a GM made N/A 3 liter sixxer with low/mediocre power output through a FWD drivetrain for a top of the line model, a N/A 4 cylinder as a entry level and I BELEIVE there was a turbocharged 4 banger option (not sure on that).... not that fast, but sure are lookers

this is just going by rough memory on the alfa's... I'm sure the owner will chime in with facts, just thought I would test myself and take a shot in the dark xD

new plan:
Separate drivetrain from vehicle and ship as parts. Reassemble here and worry about it once its on American soil (little trick from the skyline crowd)/QUOTE]

That reminded me of a story my uncle told me when I was a kid, There was a GI that was wounded in WWII, and he asked the German officer, If he would fly over his home land and drop his body parts out. The German officer did it twice for the GI, But on the third time he stopped, because he finally figued out that the GI was trying to escape!:D

if I remember right and am correct on the fact that it looks like a GTV they were offered with a GM made N/A 3 liter sixxer with low/mediocre power output through a FWD drive train for a top of the line model, a N/A 4 cylinder as a entry level and I BELIEVE there was a turbocharged 4 banger option (not sure on that).... not that fast, but sure are lookers

this is just going by rough memory on the alfa's... I'm sure the owner will chime in with facts, just thought I would test myself and take a shot in the dark xD

You are correct... it is a GTV... 2001 to be exact.

Its pre-facelift but has a 2004 front clip molded on as well as a shaved front end so it looks like the newer ones.

It has the 3.0 V6 from earlier so its not the GM engine. That didn't come around till the 159's, Breras and Spiders in 2003... post facelift. Those still came with Alfa heads are were considered "Alfa Tuned"

This is the full Alfa Motor and considered to be one of the last TRUE Alfa Romeos...

Its the Lusso with leather, power and the 6 speed. It has a little work done to it to include a Kamm Wing, rear diffuser, exhaust, LSD, coilovers, custom 19" wheels and a custom stereo...

This car was an absolute BLAST to drive... geared to get to its top speed of 150 with a quickness, 6 sec 0-60, but it handles like a freaking GO KART!

God willing it will come back to me soon :D

Pretty schweet car. Looks like I may even be able to see it on of these days, being that you're in MN.

Is it sad the main reason I want you to get that car back here is to correct it :D

That hood would look so amazing after a few hours with PO85RD and an Uber Blue, eh Pete :)

The momo stuff was add ons, as were the momo shift knob and the pedals...

The seats and everything else are factory lusso edition stuff...

Ohh and the stereo is custom too...

DAMN I MISS THAT CAR!!!! :D

looks like an Intalian Acura Integra :p

but I've always admired Alfa Romeo, but hated the depreciation

Nice looking car

This is what I hit the canyons with. Wet weight 429lbs , Dyno'd at 159.5 to the wheel.

rack 001.jpg

rack 006.jpg

looks like an Intalian Acura Integra :p

but I've always admired Alfa Romeo, but hated the depreciation

in that first picture for some reason I thought it looked like a altered Hyundai Tiburon, but then in the other pictures where the rear is brought into it it looks nothing like one

it's just in that first angle if you look at a tibby from the same angle they share similar body style and angle

2006_Hyundai_Tiburon_ext_1.jpg

you've never gotten into any trouble for running slicks? holy cow.

I run slicks now, those are a set of Dunlop 211's on thier last leg. Since running slicks I binned the License plate.

Ummm What does that bike have to do with ANYTHING...

And The fact that you posted a wack a$$ suzuki is just... well... sad :(

Thats cute that you have to put slicks on yours to do what I do on dual compound street tires :p

Back to the thread at hand...

Still missing that car :(

Members online

Back