So long LS, hello Infiniti

johntomferg

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well, I just wanted to stop by and say thanks to all the guys that commented and helped out when I had problems on the LS. After much deliberation, and a return of the further coil problems after my car was shipped out to me here in SoCal, the wife and I were ready to move on. So this past weekend, the 03 LS8 was traded in for a 2006 Infiniti M45.

I like it, I think it is better than the LS and a great replacement. It is of course expensive, but such is life.

Anyone else replaced or considered replacing their LS with an M45?

100_3265.JPG

100_3291.JPG

100_3264.JPG

That is definately a nice car. A worthy replacement for the LS.
I'm not too keen on the color but that's only my opinion. I have always liked darker cars.

Great car!! If I traded in my LS for a "His Only" car. I'd get the G35 Coupe.

I like how you can pipe the navigation to the rear display

That is definately a nice car. A worthy replacement for the LS.
I'm not too keen on the color but that's only my opinion. I have always liked darker cars.

We prefer the Black or the Blue, but the wife and I compromised because of the features and the availability of this one. Hopefully there will be a Jeep Wrangler in our future when we move to Ky later this year - maybe I can get my color-fix then.

Looking to do work on that thing or is it not your style?

Right now it has all I want, when I get tired or bored with it I will consider some modifications, but for now it is pretty nice as it is.

It has the laser tracking system for the cruise control and the lane departure warning system, backup camera, wireless headphones, you can control the front display from the back as well, the rear seat bottom motor extends for a recline, etc...

:eek2: :eek2: Can it take over the planet and build other carbots also? Wow thats alot of cool gadgetry.:eek2: :eek2:

How fat does your pocket book have to be to own one? ( whats the cost)

For this one with the Premium Package (see infiniti website for what that intails) and the 18" Chrome wheels with 30K+ miles on it, the vehicle was $41K - less the *trade in* on the LS....

Not exactly something you should purchase on a whim.

I've been saying that the quality of Infiniti, Lexus, Audi is so much higher than our Lincoln LS or any Lincoln product. After personally sitting and riding in all those other cars the LS just seems like just another Ford, very boring dash and instruments, ugly green digital displays, just enough power but nothing cutting edge. Now sure it drives and handles pretty good for a tank but that gets old especially with coil problems and the throttle by wire setup and a mushbox tranny. I honestly dont see my LS lasting for very long. I'm at 52k now, probably go till about 75-80k then dump it somewhere. I'll be looking forward to my first import purchase then.

Does your '03 LS not seem like a Taurus compared to the M45? Congratulations !

when my LS dies on me im going for a Mustang GT. Ive always driven Ford, and I intend on keeping it that way. Plus im not really a Jap lover. They are nice, but they dont hit the spot like our american automobiles. Did you ever consider the CTS?

when my LS dies on me im going for a Mustang GT. Ive always driven Ford, and I intend on keeping it that way. Plus im not really a Jap lover. They are nice, but they dont hit the spot like our american automobiles. Did you ever consider the CTS?

I am not much of a Caddy man... I haven't cared much for the styling except for a few of the very high priced models, and it just wasn't there for me.

As for the 'don't hit the spot' - I would argue this V8 feels as good as any detroit V8 that I have driven. So while it is an infiniti/nissan, it is v8 power and not a 4banger with forced induction.

But I can respect that you don't like japcars if you can respect that I am not big on caddies :)

Great buy!!!:monkey: that car is purrty!

I have to agree that the M45 is in the higher end of the luxury class, while the LS brings up the rear. Enjoy!

How fat does your pocket book have to be to own one? ( whats the cost)
nice purchase!!!

come on now....thats the most tacky question you can ask someone. if youre interested in how much they run for pricewise new/used, look on autotrader.

i've been throwing it around in my head, but i'd like to trade the LS in on a G35 sometime. i'd like to get my busa first though.

I didn't mind the question - I wish there was the same law that applied to real estate. Whenever you sell a house, they have to post in the paper how much it sold for. I wish the same was true for cars. At least then we wouldnt be guessing about "how much does it really cost" or going into the back rooms of the forum to post actual cost after haggle. :) Just my opinion.

Hey if its a V8 then your choice has been respected. Great buy nonetheless. enjoy!!!

Great choice, i really like inifinity.. they definatey have stepped their game up

I didn't mind the question - I wish there was the same law that applied to real estate. Whenever you sell a house, they have to post in the paper how much it sold for. I wish the same was true for cars. At least then we wouldnt be guessing about "how much does it really cost" or going into the back rooms of the forum to post actual cost after haggle. :) Just my opinion.

Actually, when people sell their houses, you can usually find those prices in the local newspaper for that city/county.
There are also websites where you can check sales prices going back a few months. But be careful about the ones that charge; it should all be free information, per some federal privacy act or something.

Nice car, again, by the way ;) .

nice car i was thinking of getting a M45 when i was shopping for my LS i really like all the features, but the dealer gave me a offer i couldnt refuse, i got a ls8 ultimate with the nav for only 30k and that was new with only 10miles on it, i could not pass that up. but great purchase have fun with it the V8 on the M45 i think its rated at 350hp, by the way is it fun in the twistys like our LS is or you havent pushed it that hard yet....

by the way is it fun in the twistys like our LS is or you havent pushed it that hard yet....

We took it up to the mountains north of LA on Sunday (that was where we were originally headed when the LS started acting up again). It hugs very nicely. The steering is much more responsive (in my opinion) than the LS, but you can tell the M feels like it has a little higher center of gravity. It was very predictable and inspired a lot of confidence but it was still a new car to me, so I have not reach that confort level yet to push the limits. I can say the automatic on it does a double-shift down a lot faster and smoother than the LS does as well. If you punch it, it drops two gears and is right into the push of the acceleration. None of the jerkiness either - not sure how they do that, unless they are matching the RPMs against the Trans right when it engages.

As for the HP rating you asked about, some places are saying 335 and others are saying 325, but I don't recall if they reporting at the same RPM or not. Anyway, it is supposed to be a mid-5 sec 0-60 and a low -to- mid 14 stock 1/4. Though I find it hard to believe anyone is going to take their M down to the drag strip and run it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back